The Test

Aster lay curled next to Itachi. The moonlight fell over his face, caressing his sharp features and sinking into the inky blackness of his eyes. He slipped his arms around her and pressed her body to him. Her curves and smooth muscles shuddered under his touch. His hand drifted to the hem of her panties, while the other wound itself in her soft hair and cupped her head. Their lips collided as they kicked away the covers, no longer cold in the chill of the night.

Sighing, Tsunade turned her back on the anbu team assembled in her office. Uneasiness showed on her face and she hoped that the ninja behind her couldn't read it in the window's reflection.

The captain stepped toward her desk, aggression held in his shoulders. "I highly recommend that our team scout Orochimaru's hideout. The Uchiha's motives are too suspect to allow them such a sensitive mission."

The tension was palpable in the room, smothering her like a warm blanket. "Orochimaru has surely moved on by now. We have missed our opportunity for capture." She turned around slowly, wondering if she would regret what she was about to say. "Team SAI is best suited for battle, rather than reconnaissance. For this reason I believe your team should go to his hideout and collect information. Haruno-san will be here to test samples and exam evidence upon your return."

Gasping, a silver haired man lay in Orochimaru's darkened lair. His body ached and his soaked clothes clung to his body. The broken glass beneath him bit into his skin and stung. He tried to move and found himself too weak.

The rap of footsteps reached his ringing ears.

"One male, severely injured." The female voice brought him around.

The wounded man groaned.

A male voice answered her. "He may have important information. Let's prepare him to be moved."

Gloved hands rolled him over. The glass crunched under his back and opened fresh cuts. The anbu above him wove together several hand signs, and with a pop teleported them to Konoha hospital.

There was a woosh of air against Sakura's back and small snap; she jumped, nearly spilling the test tube in front of her. Turning, she locked eyes with the tallest anbu. Over the ninja's shoulder was a drenched man in scrubs, dripping fresh blood onto the floor.

"Wha-?!" she took a hesitant step forward. "That man needs a hospital bed- now!"

The anbu nodded. "Make sure your doctors don't contaminate the sample."

Sakura shuddered at the cold reference as she stared at the battered man. Did they do this to him?

Carefully, Sakura picked glass out of the wounds on the man's back and deposited them in a metal tray for later examination. Her work was lonely. After the anbu report, orders had come down that no one touch the man except Sakura.

The door banged open and she whirled around to see Tsunade entering the room.

"Let me see him-" Tsunade pushed her aside and rounghly moved the man onto his back. "No, this can't be. He is dead."

"Tsunade-sama," Sakura gasped, "He is badly injured!"

"Chain him up. Seal his chakra and chain him to the bed. Quickly- before he wakes up."

"Why?!"

"This is a dangerous man." A younger face floated in her memories, but unmistakeable. "And whatever you do, don't alert the anyone to his presence, especially Uchiha Aster."

"Tsunade-sama, as you wish. But why? Please-"

The Hokage turned slowly. "This is her brother. The Sukeynumm prodigy and a member of Akatsuki."