Kiss The Rain

Kiss the rain

A one shot story inspired by YIRUMA’s song.

Copyright@NitsujexxxEri

“Did you ever love me?” I asked as I wipe my tears with the back of my hand.

I heard him struggling, finding the right words to say, “I tried Reena. God knows how much i tried.” His voice started to crack as if he’s trying hard not to cry. He let out a deep sigh, “I’m sorry Reena but I can’t.” I hung up the phone and let my tears fell in my eyes.

After two years of being together he will tell me that he never loved me? Why? What’s wrong with me? Am I not beautiful? I thought he likes me? He likes my simplicity? And now he’ll call me first thing in the morning after two weeks of not seeing each other just to dump me? What a nice wake up call!

I lay again in my bed and smiled bitterly as I listen to my MP3. Listen to Yiruma’s song. My favorite song since we entered this one-sided love affair.

I often close my eyes

And I can see you smile

You reach out for my hand

And I’m woken for my dream...

My tears fall again as I savor each line of the song and let myself drown with Travis’ memories.

Travis and I were both SSG officers. He was the SSG President and I as the secretary. Travis is my first love. The reason why I joined the SSG was because of him. I want to get close to him. I want him to know my existence. I want him to notice me. And being Reena Felice Chua, Daughter of a well-known Businessman and University’s top student, he did notice me.

“Reena...”

“Yes?” I asked him with a smile. It is the first time he called me by my first name. You see Travis is so civil that he used to call me “Ms.Chua” and he prefered to be called “Mr.Espejo”.

“Let’s go out...on a date.” He seriously said that made me dumbfounded. Is this true? Travis Espejo? Asking me out on a date?

“Y-yeah sure.”

And that’s the start of everything, the start of our so called relationship. I was happy. I had his heart. Or so I thought.

Although your heart is mine

Its hollow inside.

I never had your love

And I’ll never will...

And every night I lie awake

Thinking maybe you love me

Like I’ve always loved you...

 On our first months together I’m so happy. He introduced me to his parents and I did the same with him. Everybody tell us we’re perfect together. And I really thought we were.

But how can you love me

Like I loved you

When you can’t even look me straight in my eyes.