a new beginning.

--be Karkat.
Hi I'm Karkat Vantas. I'm a troll but there's some secrets I have that my brother Kankri doesn't even know about, and if he found out he'd probably hate me. I'm a mutant because of my blood..it's almost like I'm a human because of it's Fucking cherry red color. I'm a low blood so that also explains it. I heard a knock on my door "yeah?" I asked unsure who it was " hey KitKat, wanna hang or something?" Oh great it's Dave Fucking Strider. " Hello fuckass," I said in a grumpy manner because I haven't slept for the whole night. " Why do you wanna hang out with me? You hate trolls remember?" I heard him sigh. " I was raised to hate them, but I don't hate you. I consider you as a friend."

-- Third Person.

Karkat's eyes widened slightly and he opened his door but what he hoped Dave didn't see was the fact his sleeves of his cancer sweater were wet because of him bleeding from cutting very deep wounds into his pale grey skin. " S-Sure...I don't have anything better to do and Kankri will be gone for a week." Dave looked down under his shades and saw karkat's sleeves. He knew what it was from but he didn't want to pressure Karkat so he didn't ask all he said was a simple 'okay' and they left for Dave's house.

--be Dave Strider.

When I saw karkat's sleeves it broke me knowing what's he's going through considering I've been in the stage where he is. I wanted to asked but I didn't want to pressure him so I kept quiet. "Hey KitKat, want go watch romcoms or something?" I was trying to act like I didn't see he's blood covered sleeves but I think I failed because he looked at me weirdly. " Are you okay?" He asked somewhat concerned. " Yeah why?" "Because you never wanna watch romcoms I always have to force you to." I sighed to myself and and looked at him in the eye. " I know what you did." I covered my mouth after realizing what I had just blurted out. He just looked at me with wide eyes and started running but I grabbed him by the wrist tight enough so he won't escape, but I might have grabbed him a little too hard because he winced. " L-Let me go!!" He yelled as he struggled but I pulled him into a hug. " No... Because I know what you're going through Karkat." I heard him start to sob.

--be the sobbing Karkat.

When he said my name instead of the stupid Nickname, I knew he was serious and wasn't going to let me leave, but when he said he knew what I was going through I was shocked. And I thought ' I didn't know the coolest kid in school would self harm.'

(A/n) I'm sorry if this is a little short because I'm not all that comfortable with writing self harm and suicide attempts in stories but I will for you guys so see you in the next chapter to see if Dave shows Karkat why he hides his eyes or if he keeps it a secret from him forever. Bye for now. - Liv out