Seventeen (1)

Mona, Eleanor, Austin and Alice, who is also one of Mona's not so many friends, sat on the floor in front of the TV in Alice's house. Alice's mom had made cupcakes the day before that they were all eating on.

They had all given Mona presents and Mona hold the last one who was from Alice in her hands.

"Happy one day before your seventeenth birthday." Mona read it out loud and smiled thankfully at Alice.

"Open it now!" Alice talked in the high voice that she always seemed to get whenever she was excited. Mona ripped of the present paper and found out that it was a small box in her hand. Over the box had Alice wrapped it in with tape and Mona fought to get the tape off.

Austin, who sat behind her with both his legs around Mona's body hold his hand out and Mona gave the box to him.

He cut the tape off with a scissor and gave it back to Mona. Mona smiled and whispered a thank you as Austin kissed her neck.

Mona's face light up when she saw what was in the box. A small homemade book named friendship with photos of Mona and Alice when they were younger. Mona smiled as big as she could when she struggled to get out of Austin's lap to give Alice a big hug.

Mona's parents had never been like Alice's parents. Alice parents was always at home except when they were working but when they got home they paid attention to Alice and her little brother, not like Mona's parents who ignored her most of the time.

Mona's parents had never wanted kids and wasn't scared to inform Mona that. She knew that she had always been like air for them and this morning she knew nothing it would be no different.

But to Mona's big surprise it wasn't her alarm clock who woke her up at 9am on the saturday morning.

"... Happy birthday to youu" Monas parents walked in to her room singing, her mom hold a cake in her hands. "Happy birthday sweetie! Its finally your big day!"

First of all, Mona was smart. She knew that the only reason why her parents acted like this because it was her seventeenth birthday and she would meet her perfect one.

Secondly, she knew that her parents wanted her out of the house as soon as possible. Mona was sure they hoped that she would move in to her perfect ones house early, preferable today.

"Be ready in 30 minutes and i'll drive you to the hospital." Her dad said in a horse voice which Mona knew was from his endless smoking. Mona's mom gave her a last look and put the cake on the bed side table.

"We should leave you now Mona you should really start to get ready now, you look horrible and it looks like it will take a long time to fix."

And there did the kindness go.

Mona's dad pulled up in front of the entre of the towns only hospital. The drive had been awkward and she couldn't wait until she was out of the car.

"Well, i'll be praying that there is no girl you get." Her dad said and Mona knew that he was thinking of Mona's cousin Leah, who's perfect one was a girl. But Mona didn't care if it was a girl or boy, all she cared about was that it was Austin who was also in the hospital right now and waiting for her there.

Austin who had been Mona's boyfriend for almost six months had dark brown hair, pretty dark skin and green eyes. He was kind and was like the typical romantic boyfriend who always gave her compliments, space whenever she needed it, gave her chocolate when she was on her period and like Mona he always enjoyed to just lay in a bed or in a sofa cuddling.

When it was valentines day Austin took Mona by surprise when he had a fixed a picnic on the playground next to Mona's house. He had brought pizza and lighted some candles, he also gave her flowers too. He even brought a box of chocolate and it made Mona felt bad because Austin had done so much to make this day perfect for Mona while she just had bought matching necklaces.

But Austin made sure to tell Mona how much he loved the necklace and he had worn it every day since. It was her necklace that she touched just to give her hope and luck that it was going to be Austin.

But the chances were small and she knew it but she would be crushed if it wasnt him behind the door, that Mona was supposted to stand infront in less then five minutes.

"I have to go now or ill be late. Thanks for the ride." Mona spoke as she opened the door and walked out of her dad's favourite car, a black ranger rover.

Her dad didn't say something back so she shut the door closed and hurried in to the hospital.

Mona sat on one of the chairs in the waiting room, her hands shaking nervously and she bit her lip to prevent it to shake as well, when a nurse called her name.

Mona stood up and followed the nurse to one of the hospitals room.

"Sitt on the bed and the doctor will be here in a minute." The nurse said and Mona did as she was told. And the nurse was right, exactly one minute after she left someone lightly knocked on the door and the doctor who she always had walked in.

"Good morning Mona!" Dr.Martin said while sitting down on the chair next to the bed that Mona sat on. "How are you feeling?"

"A bit nervous." Mona said while she copied the nervous motionts that she did earlier in the waiting room.

"That is totally normal." Dr.Martin gave her a friendly smile that comforted her a bit. "I'm going take a blood test and then i'll bring out your perfect one"

Mona's heart beated harder and she hold her arm out for the doctor so that he could take the blood test.

Dr.Martin stood up and walked towards the door. "I'm going to bring this to the lab, your perfect one is here in the waiting room, is it fine if i bring him in?"

Mona smiled and nodded. She was glad that the doctor actually said 'him' so it wasn't a girl. Not because Mona didnt like lesbians, she just wanted it to be Austin who was going to walk in to the room, any second now.

Mona heard someone roughly knock on the door and the door opened before she could say 'come in' or something. Mona hold her breath when she saw who walked in, her heart beating extremely hard and she felt like she would throw up, so nervous was she.

Her eyes started to water and she forced a smile on her face.

"Oh my god." She whispered and looked over to Dr.Martin who was standing behind the male figure to confirm that the guy in front of him who was her perfect one.

°°°

Thank you for over 300 reads on the first chapter! It means so much!

I'm really sorry for the slow update though, but ill try to update as soon as possible this time!

Who do think is Mona's perfect one?

Vote & Comment!