-One-

"Hey Lou" Jane, the receptionist at my work smiled. Oh, I work at Hudson River State Asylum. I look after people with different illnesses and try and get them back to normal.

"Morning Jane" I waved as I shoved my bag into my locker. "New patient today, Jai Brooks. He's came all the way from Australia, if they can't help him, what makes them think we can?" She chuckled. "Because that's our job, to help people and to never give up!" I smiled, getting Jai's file out.

"So, what did he do?" I asked flicking though the pages.

"Well, he killed a family; mum, dad and two children. It says he gets voices in his head that talk to him and make him do it all" Jane sighed.

"Looks like a tough one!" I sighed as I tidied the files away. "Yep, and guess what?" She slightly laughed, "What?" I questioned.

"You are going to be the one looking after him" My jaw literally dropping to the floor. "Don't worry, you'll have Daniel and Chris as body guards with you when needed" Well that's great, "Well I will see you later" I scurried off.

•••

I made my way to Jai's cell as he got here over an hour ago. "Hello, I'm Louise" I smiled, slowly unlocking the door. "Hello" A shy, broken voice spoke up. "I hear your name is Jai, is that right?" I asked, closing the door behind me, leaving Chris outside incase things got out of hand. "Yep" He mumbled.

He looked up from the floor and locked eyes with mine. His eyes were red and puffy, his hair was a mess and his clothes were all ripped. He needed some new clothes so I asked Chris to go and see if we had any spare that were calm colors and that weren't dangerous. "Chris, could you find some spare clothes for Jai" I asked as Chris nodded.

"So, Jai. Would you mind telling me why you are in here?" I asked, moving a little closer to him. "I shot two kids and their mum and dad" He said proudly. "Do you know why you did it?" I asked. "I get, I get these voices in my head. They tell me to do things. I didn't want to do it. They made me" He slowly got up, turning to me.

His gorgeous eyes locked on mine. "I promise you, I never meant to do it" He whispered. "Well, we don't have enough proof yet" I backed away. "Oh, so you don't believe me?" His voice became deeper as he edged towards me. "I never said that" I stuttered. "So you believe me?" He chuckled. "No, I don't have enough proof to say that you're innocent" I fidgeted. "Wow, I guess I'll just have to show you, won't I Louise" He crept close to me as a smirk planted on his lips.