Chapter One- The Meeting

I walked into the boathouse, slamming the door behind me with the powerful magic coursing through my veins. My eyes were filled with tears. I'd just received some dreadful news; My long term freind, and I assumed, boyfriend, Adam Conant, was with that Cassie Blake. She's the daughter of John Blackwell, and I can't stand her. I was the leader of the Circle, until they all heard Amelia Blake's daughter was due to come and live in Chance Harbour with her grandmother, Jane... Amelia didn't die accidentally... It was murder. And I know who did it. Charles... Diana's father. Diana and I were best friends, until Cassie came and broke it all apart. Basically, as soon as she got here, I was pushed aside, and almost killed! But that's another story for another day. The score was, I was upset, and I wanted answers.

'ADAM!' I screamed out. I heard an almighty crash, and knew I'd surprised him. I guess he just hoped I wouldn't find out at all... He came out of the store room, top off, looking rather flushed and finally stuttered, 'Es- I... I wasn't expecting y-you...' Another person was in the store room. I knew it. 'Who's that.' I stated bleakly, knowing I wouldn't like the answer. Suddenly, a tinkling voice rang through the empty bar, 'Adam, who's there?' Cassie. I didn't even need to see her. I ran out of the boathouse and down to the docks. I looked up to the sky, tears falling from my eyes. Rain began to pour and I stopped dead in my tracks. Someone was there. Someone powerful. I could feel them.

'Hello, Esmerelda...' Eben spoke.

I turned around to see him standing right behind me, just in time to feel his hand shoot out and grab my throat tightly. I tried to scream and a choked, 'Adam... HELP ME!' was carried on the air and just about reached the ears of the man I once loved...