Chapter 2: Day Before

Quick note: Anything italisised  is thoughts. 

You woke up groggy, last night was such a pain. You had stayed late to clean and scrub down the bar in preparation for the big show on Friday. You rolled out of bed and showered, dressing and getting the the freight elevator to go down to the parking garage. Your apartment was an old factory so the freight elevator opened into each apartment directly, but you had to stick your key in to make the elevator even work. You got in your car and drove to the nearest Starbucks for coffee and the re-entry of your soul into your body. You sat in your car, slowly drinking your coffee, listening to the metal music radio station on full blare. People stared at you and you flipped them off in return. 

You drove to work, but when you got there the parking lot was roped off, they were paving it. You groaned with disgust, and drove down the street to park in the old parking garage. You parked on the third floor, and walked down the stairs to the alleyway. The alley went down the whole street and backed to businesses in Chinatown. It was the safer way to walk to work at night, seeing as only people who were working at the businesses could access the alleyway. You walked in through the back door, tossing your stuff into your locker and moving to the front. Today was slow, it was already the mid shift and the place was completely empty, it was always like this before the big show. 

You worked at a snails pace for a few hours, mostly cleaning behind the bar and preparing for tomorrow night. Eventually patrons filed in later on and it became more crowded, but still dead. Kelly did not show up for her shift, again. You shook your head, looking at the schedule. You would have to watch her tables again and waitress on top of bar tending. You looked over the room and at the very far booth was the green and red ones, but they brought a friend this time. It had been about a week or two since the both had started coming together a few nights a week. 

He looked similar to the red one, but less pale and more 'normal' looking. He had darkish brown black hair that was shorter on the sides again and longer on top, but fluffier looking and shinier. He wore a long jacket and a pale yellow dress shirt with a pink bow tie, and he also sported a pink curly mustache. 

You walked over to the table with the red and green one's orders, they were always the same so why bother asking if they wanted anything different? The green one was on the left side of the booth, the red one was in the middle and the new mustached one was on the right side of the booth.

"What's your birthday?" You asked the mustached one as you put down their drinks. He smiled at you and gently grabbed your hand, and kissed one of the knuckles.

"Wilford miss, Wilford Warfstache." He smiled. You pulled your hand away with a disgusted look, slow blinking at him. 

"First of all, no touching. Secondly, I didn't ask for your name. I want to know if you're old enough to drink." You said and he frowned a little. The green one snickered under his breath and the red one rolled his eyes. 

"June 28th 1989." He said quietly and you clicked your pen, raising an eyebrow at him. "Scotch on the rocks please." He asked. You wrote it down and then headed over to the bar. One of the girls came out from the back room and started putting out table tents for tomorrow's show advertising drink specials and the special dances. You made a few drinks that the other waitresses had brought you and then you took mustaches to him. 

"If you need anything else feel free to grab one of the other girls and they can help you out." You placed down the drink and began to walk away.

"Hey wait. I have a question." The red one said and you backtracked to their table. "I didn't know you stripped." He said, holding up the little table tent advertising your four dances tomorrow night, raising an eyebrow. You huffed.