Chapter 1

Valentina

"Valentina, can you come real quick?" Carina yells from the living room. The response I gave her was with a little less volume, "Give me a second please" I walk into the busy living room where I see my sister, her fiance, a young man, my sister, and both my parents.

Carina walks over to me and grabs my hand with a firm hold. She lead me to the young man next to her fiance, "Valentina, this is Marcus. And Marcus this is Valentina the girl I was talking to you about" Carina says with a friendly smile, exchanging looks with me and Marcus.

Marcus extends his right arm and shook mine, "Hi Valentina" he says with his brown eyes looking straight at me. I had to admit he impressed me. Marcus' black and white baseball shirt was creased right on the side seams, looking nice and clean.

"So Valen" she says giving me her please do it for me look, "Marcus is going to be your date to the wedding, great right?".

At first I was thrilled, but did she forget about Aleix? You have got to be kidding me, I doubt Aleix would be fine with this. We knew each other for the longest time, almost five years. May seem a little while but there has been so much between us, time doesn't play a part.

"Yeah, it's fine" I tell Carina without giving her a sign that something was wrong.

Carina starts to whisper to her fiance, Drew, before she pulls me to the garage, "So what do you think? Hes cute huh?" she says with enthusiasm. I pull on the hem of my teal sweatshirt, "Did you forget about Aleix?" I answer. Her arms went right over her head, "There just always has to be something wrong". My shaking hands were making knots with each other, "It's just that I was going to take Aleix" I say with a nervous sigh.

There was a sense that came to me that she was going to come up with a valid reason of why I will be going with Marcus. "Your one of my bridesmaid Valen, you just have to walk with him down the aisle. Then you can go with Aleix for the rest of the night" she says giving me eye contact.

"Alright then" I say walking towards the garage door. She pulled my left arm and yanked me back. My face showed I was surprised at her action. "Wait, can you do me a small favor?" she says with a sincere voice.

Now she wanted something from me, "What is it?" I ask taking her hand off my arm. She runs one of her hands through her hair and crosses her legs. "Marcus is Drew's brother and parents came all the way from San Diego to come help and meet you"

I move my hands to the sides of my black skirt. "Okay, and?" I question her with tiny interest. She comes over and grabs both my hands, "Just make Marcus feel comfortable, invite Aleix over. Just talk with him" she asks basically begging.

"I guess, I call Aleix right now" I tell her walking towards the door. She surprise me from behind by hugging my with such a tight grip. I raised my hand and laid it on one of my sister's arm. "Thanks Valentina" she said right before letting go of me.

We walk back into living where everyone was talking. "Mom" Carina yelled, "can I talk to you in the kitchen?" My mother responded to her with only a simple nod.

I casually walk over to the phone in the hall. With the house phone in my left hand, I dialed with my right. "¡Bueno!" I hear Aleix's mom say with such joy. "Hola señora Encizo! Su Valentina." I said running my hand through my thick hair. Immediately she says, "Oh Valentina, quiere hablar con Aleix, ¿verdad?" with a chuckle at the end.

Embarrassed I told her, "Sí, por favor" She laughs a little more, "Bien entonces, un placer hablar contigo. Déjame pasar a él" Aleix's mom said. "Gracias" I said right before she started to yell in the background "Aleix! Valentina te llama" then continued to talk to me, "Él ya viene, le encanta hablar con usted tanto. Para no perderse por nada del mundo."