Untitled Part 27

Chapter 178: Imperial City Battle (10)

Yanggang let out an animalistic roar towards the sky, and once again a dark energy intertwining with an icy blue spread out in four directions from Yanggang's body as he summoned his martial spirit, the Celestial Yin Beast.

As the Celestial Yin Beast emerged and hovered behind Yanggang, the blood stain on Yanggang's lips disappeared.

However, for a fleeting second, a faint pink had colored his cheeks as he recalled what he said earlier. He wasn't going to use his martial spirit and even generously granted Huang Xiaolong the first move!

He was now basically eating his own words. Yanggang slowly raised his head, his venomous eyes falling on Huang Xiaolong as they filled with hatred and an intense killing intent.

In the next moment, Yanggang fused with the Celestial Yin Beast and soul transformed.

Although one's martial spirit could solidify their ethereal selves into a corporeal entity after entering the Xiantian realm and battle as is, most warriors would choose to soul transform. After a soul transformation, the owner would receive a much higher boost in strength, among multiple other aspects.

Yanggang's body flickered the instant he soul transformed. His entire being seemed to evolve into a dark energy, drifting in Huang Xiaolong's direction yet arriving almost simultaneously. The increase in speed was astounding, surpassing the level Huang Xiaolong had shown earlier while using his Phantom Shadow ability.

Arriving in front of Huang Xiaolong, a cruel bloodlust of scarlet red gleam flitted across Yanggang's eyes, slamming his palms right into Huang Xiaolong's chest.

"Withering Bloom Palm!"

Dark energy trailed behind, enveloping Yanggang's palms as they struck with an icy blue glow that reflected in-between the darkness.

This was the energy of Yin and darkness. The darkness energy of a Celestial Yin Beast was regarded as the coldest and most poisonous energy that existed between heaven and earth.

After Yanggang soul transformed, he used the celestial Yin energy that was unique to the Celestial Yin Beast and Withering Bloom Palm which was a high mid-grade Earth rank battle skill comparable to some high-grade Earth rank battle skill.

Yanggang used one of his trump cards, aiming to send Huang Xiaolong flying with one strike just like he did to him. Only by doing so could he wash away the humiliation he felt!

The surrounding airflow stagnated as it became affected by the Withering Bloom Palm.

Just when Yanggang was confident his attack would hit Huang Xiaolong's chest, Huang Xiaolong raised his arms, countering with two palms of his own.

Boom! A resounding collision echoed from the stage as their four palms slammed against each other.

Huang Xiaolong swayed, wobbling two steps back.

When he steadied himself, Huang Xiaolong noticed that a layer of dark black ice had formed on his palms. At the same time, an icy blue energy seeped through the skin of his palms and entered his veins and meridians, trying to invade his body.

Seeing this, Yanggang sneered, "Huang Xiaolong, you're actually quite stupid to have taken my Withering Blossom Palm with your bare hands. Let me enlighten you, my celestial Yin energy will flow into your body along the veins and meridians of your palms. As the energy increases and accumulates, you will gradually realize that your entire body's veins, meridians, and blood will solidify into ice. Once it invades your internal organs it will feel like millions of ants biting all over, the pain will be pleasurable for you!"