Funny But True EOA Story

This is not directly related to Gabelena Weekend, but it is something that happened to me earlier this year that is related to Elena of Avalor. This story happened back during this last school year, and I never really remembered to share it with you guys on Wattpad. But I figured you guys would like to hear it. It's proof that anyone can be an Elena of Avalor fan!

So I take art class at my school, which means we have a period of art every day for the entire school year. My art teacher expected us to draw completely realistic art, and always got angry if I would draw anime style art (which stinks because I love anime and am not too good at realistic art). But anyways, my art teacher knew that I loved anime and cartoons. Especially since my friend (who always had this teacher) and I would always play Pokemon Go, draw cartoon and anime art, and talk about that kind of stuff.

One day in art class, my teacher was talking about how many of the kids she taught in high school ended up becoming animators. She kept talking about each kid and which show they work on, and pulling up that show on the smartboard. I was just working on my painting, but when I looked up, I noticed she had just pulled up the website for Elena of Avalor!

She asked if anyone in the class had seen or heard of the show. So I raised my hand and said that "I love Elena of Avalor!". My teacher then started talking to me about how she was with her granddaughter one day watching TV, and Elena of Avalor came on. My teacher said that they watched a few episodes, and she loved the show! Apparently she continued watching the whole series on her own, and loved it!

Nobody else in my art class has watched it, so my art teacher just started talking to me about Elena! She said that she loved Elena's character, the music, and she talked to me about her favorite episodes! She even said that she thinks Gabe and Elena like each other! (Lol my art teacher ships Gabelena too!) Apparently, she even comes up with her own theories and reads other people's theories about the show too.

One Monday in class, she came up to me and asked me if I watched the newest Elena of Avalor episode and when I said yes, she started talking to me about it. She even told me she came up with an order of her favorite characters. Elena is her favorite and she also loves Isa. She likes most of the characters but she says she doesn't like Esteban's personality very much XD

Since this happened my art teacher started to really like the cartoons and anime I draw and talk about. For example, she complimented me one day when I was wearing a Yuri on Ice shirt and asked me what the anime was about. And now for the summer, she wants me to draw some more of cartoon and anime style drawing to show her when I go back to school in the fall (who knows, maybe I'll draw something Elena related...)

I thought I would tell you guys this funny story because it shows that there are a lot more Elena of Avalor fans (and Gabelena shippers) than we'd think!

Also, I just wanted to say that Gabelena Weekend has been a lot of fun! And I was planning on posting another oneshot today, but I am not completely done writing and editing it yet. So I will probably post it tomorrow!