11° LINAJES MALIGNOS

baleful bloodlines

❝ baleful bloodlines ❞

            Cataleya sat on the cold stone floor of the tunnels, breaths coming quick as she tried to calm herself

Cataleya sat on the cold stone floor of the tunnels, breaths coming quick as she tried to calm herself. Seth sat beside her with his arms wrapped tightly around her, his chin resting atop her head.

He wanted so badly to ask what she'd seen, to know what had caused her to react this way. But that meant making her relive it again, and he wasn't about to ask that of her.

Cataleya willed herself to get up in fear of being cornered by a group of culebras. She knew they needed to keep moving, to find a way out, to get free. But each time she tried to move Seth would find a way to wind his arms tighter around her.

"I'm fine, now, really," she spoke, herself even noticing how unconvincing she sounded.

Seth ran a hand over her back once more before hesitantly letting her go. He pushed himself off the ground, offering his hand out to her and lifting her up from the stone floor. She dusted herself off as she reached down to pick up the nail-riddled bat she'd dropped.

"Never took you for the sappy type, Gecko," Cataleya weakly laughed, sniffling as she walked past him.

He frowned. There goes that wall again.

He caught up to her, almost running into her as she stopped suddenly to concentrate. She let her hand hover in mid-air like she'd intended for him to stop running.

"What?" Seth questioned.

"Something's wrong..." she breathed, turning around to face him.

And not far off, they heard a scream.

Cataleya grabbed his hand, pulling him along as she followed the shouts that continued to echo throughout the long tunnels. They found the rest of the group and she took in the panicked expression Jacob held.

"Kate. They took Kate," he rambled, hands wringing the stake he held in his hands.

They all turned as they heard more screams seemingly close by accompanied by deep growls that echoed loudly through the corridors. Cataleya dropped Seth's hand as he took the lead, ushering the group to follow him towards the sounds.