15° LÁGRIMAS COMO LA LLUVIA

tears like rain

❝ tears like rain ❞

            Seth dropped the metal doorknobs onto the wooden table in front of Cataleya with a single key protruding from the lock of one end

            Seth dropped the metal doorknobs onto the wooden table in front of Cataleya with a single key protruding from the lock of one end. If she planned on working this job with him, he needed to know she had the means to do it.

The man looked down at his wristwatch, the second hand passing the twelve before telling her to begin. "Fast as you can, go."

Cataleya picked the knobs up, turning them over in her hands and inspecting them. She pulled the key out to find the bottom edge jagged and difficult to place back into the lock.

"What am I supposed to do with this?"

"You're joking, right?" Seth didn't wait for her response before answering the question himself. "You're joking," he nodded, "You gotta be."

The girl shook her head while fumbling with the knobs, still attempting to place the key into the lock. "The hell are you on about," she mumbled, a frustrated groan leaving her mouth after another failed attempt.

Seth pinched the bridge of his nose, annoyed – and highly surprised – with the girl sitting in front of him. Considering her years of living as a criminal, he assumed she'd be able to unlock it, or at least know what it was that he placed in front her. "The criminal mastermind doesn't know what a bump key is. Amazing."

"Criminal mastermind. I like the sound of that," Cataleya joked. Her smirk soon faded to a frown after she realized the key refused to go into the lock.

Seth leaned over the table to pluck the door knobs from her grip. "Watch me." His hand hovered over the key halfway out of the lock, glancing over at Cataleya to make sure she watched as he shoved the key all the way in. He handed it back to her, trying his best to hide the growing grin in response to her amazement. "It's all in the reflexes."

"This criminal mastermind never had to pick locks," Cataleya drew her hand back and sent it toward the key, slamming the metal into the lock just as Seth demonstrated, "she just busted them." She raised her eyebrows, a proud smile on her face as she held the door knobs in front of him before grimacing and inspecting the indention the key left on her palm.