Chapter One

*Disclaimer* I DO NOT OWN RIVERDALE, ITS PLOT, OR ITS CHARACTERS!! I do however own my own characters and story. Thanks!
For the first time in months, I walked through the Cooper's door.

I was barely a few feet in when someone hugged me out of no where.

"Alice-?" I asked.

The older woman held me at arm's length and looked me over.

"You look awful, Jughead." She said, her voice soft and sad.

"The Southside will do that to you." I told her.

"Don't I know it." She laughed bitterly. "I'm about to cook dinner, will you feel up to eating?"

"Definitely. I can't remember the last time I had a proper meal." I replied.

"Excellent! Betty why don't you take Jughead upstairs and settle him back in?"

"Sure thing, Mom." Betty said.

We walked upstairs to Betty's room, which looked the same.

I set my things down beside her bed, and laid down on my stomach. The coolness of her comforter was refreshing. I felt a sort of comfort one only feels when in the company of someone they love, who loves them. For the first time in a long time, I didn't feel so filthy. Like because she was here, I was clean by association.

I suddenly felt a weight on me, not a metaphorical weight but an actual mass on my person. I opened my eyes to realize Betty was lying on top of me.

"Babe, what are you doing?" I asked.

She laughed, standing back up.

"I don't know, I just love you." She said.

I rolled over and grabbed her by the hips, pulling her back on top of me.

I began to peck kisses all over her face, causing her to giggle.

After that, we laid in silence. It felt unimaginably good to have her in my arms. I felt like I was breathing out the things I had done and seen in the last few months. My chest ached as I tried to push the thoughts out of my mind. I tried to focus on things I loved. Fortunately, I was in the same vicinity as most of the things I love more than anything else.

"How's Polly doing?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"She's in the nursery, come on!" Betty said, dragging me out of bed and down the hall. I laughed and pulled her into me, wrapping my arms around her waist, which felt smaller somehow. A sickening feeling creeped into me.

The Cooper's had turned their guest room into a nursery for the babies, which was decorated beautifully in many different shades. On each side of the room, over their cribs, each baby's name was painted. Pictures and prints hung all over the room.

In the corner, Polly sat in a white rocking chair, holding the twins in her arms.

She looked up in surprise.

"Juggie! You're alright!" I smiled at her.

"I am. You're looking wonderful, Polly." I told her.

"Thank you."

I walked up to her and looked at the babies.

They mumbled little words, but mostly names.

Ma, Bet, Gee.

Polly, Betty, Alice.

"They've gotten so big!" I said.