A Matter Of Time

EDIT: 08/14/17
****
The melancholy was so thick you could almost cut it with a knife.

There lay the man, having reached a ripe old age of ninety-two, resting in his hospital bed with a blank look on his wrinkled face worn with creases, so blank that an 800-word essay can be written on it and would still look legible. Strained breathing, slow beating of the heart, symptoms of a grave condition that brought him down frail, weak, and miserable.

It just attacked him so suddenly. Too early, even. To someone else, he had lived his life long enough to see the 21st century grow.

But to him? That is an absolute no-no. How he wanted to pay the cost of not bonding with his family to the fullest. How he wanted to reach out to his grandnephew and grandniece and put his polydactylic hands on their shoulders, hug them close and apologize for not always being there for them.

How he wanted to squeeze his dear twin brother into a bone-crushing embrace, to cry into his shoulders and beg for his forgiveness that he'd been longing for so long.

And he vowed to never, ever let them go. . .

How great was his yearning to jump from the hospital bed and scream to the sky! His enlarged heart ached, his eyes narrowed to let tears flow out like a waterfall, his teeth grit together. So strong was his emotions that it dangerously seemed like it was killing him.

But alas, was the former brilliant man's determination left to rot away in the deepest corners of his clouded mind.

He absolutely hated being bedridden.

He wanted freedom.

But what can he do?

The blinding orange sunset filtered through the curtains, bathing him in the despair that is to come soon. But despite all this, he was satisfied he could see the brilliant sky, maybe for one last time.

Knowing this, a glimmer of hope sparked to life in the midst of his damaged state.

A smile found its way on his lips. His eyelids slowly fluttered closed, tucking him away from the outside world.

It was, indeed, only in a matter of time.
****
KurounItsukerui

You sent that feelsy comic to me days ago

This is payback

hahahahaha