Prologue

Only a few chapters of this book are published on Wattpad because it is now available on Amazon. ⬇️

Please excuse any errors, I changed names in order to prepare this book for publishing but realized that I wanted to keep the Wattpad version the same

Please excuse any errors, I changed names in order to prepare this book for publishing but realized that I wanted to keep the Wattpad version the same. So if you notice different names, that means I forgot to change it back.

© 2017 D.S. Little All rights reserved. No portion of this book may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author, except as permitted by U.S. Copyright law.
************

Jaren

        This was what I loved to do! I thought to myself as I walked onto the stage and looked out at the faces of the audience at the BET Awards. Sevyn Streeter was in the middle of performing her popular song, Peace Sign which she had me featured on.

      On stage by herself Sevyn had been singing center stage with the lights low and smoke circling her. Unlike other performers her voice was like honey and she didn't need any of the other distractions some performers did. Her performance was stripped raw and yet she still had the audience eating out the palm of her hands. I was about to put the cherry on top for her though.

      When I walked onto the stage I could hear the roar of the crowd because of my presence. That never got old for me. I fed off of their love no matter what stage I was on. As I began to rap my verse I walked towards Sevyn and ran my hand along her leg. She was wearing a black see-through bondage bodysuit that sparkled under the stage lights. I could see my fiancée, Fatima, in my line of vision smiling at me as I began to spit my verse.

       Fatima knew the game and had seen us rehearse this performance dozens of times already. The song was about sex, so the performance had to be sexy. I was thankful that we were in a good place and that she understood that this was all just acting. Fatima nodded her head and sang along wth everyone else in the audience. She actually loved this song and I couldn't count the number of times we made love to it, while she threw up her legs in the peace sign!

      As Sevyn took over the rest of the song I ad-libbed over her melodic voice as she ran her hand across my chest. I stood still and peered down at her while licking my lips. In my peripheral I could see the women in the audience losing it. Since I was now embracing my sex symbol status I sometimes loved to play it up for performances like this. Once the song was finished we hugged before leaving the stage. I loved real artists who took the craft seriously and Sevyn not only could sing her ass off, but her pen game was crazy.

       Backstage I networked with other artists for a few minutes. Chance and I were already working on a song for my album so we chopped it up for a few about that. Of all the artists approaching me about doing features, I was most excited about linking up with SZA. As an artist it was something about her whole aura that I loved.