faceclaims

Ah, this topic is probably one of the most famous among wattpad. So, I think we all can name a few overused faceclaims *cough* Nina dobrev, lily collins, phoebe tonkin, danielle campbell *cough*. But, the question is: why do ppl use them?

And the answer is simple. GIFs. Every writer wants their story to be well written, but also have it well designed. So, back to those overused faceclaims. The problem is, most of them are white. WOC rarely have gifs that are in good quality and aren't portraying in them as fetuses from Disney or any other show.

Probably every third Teen Wolf fanfic has a faceclaim that has portrayed a werewolf or anything supernatural. Same goes for TVD fanfics. What about fanfics for Action movies such as Suicide Squad? All of them have faceclaims that portrayed badass females using weapons (and yes, I am also guilty of this.)

And I feel like the main issue here is the fact that WOC don't get cast for popular roles. Even Zendaya, who is a magnificent actress (she is also well recognized) mostly has GIFs of her from Disney. Thank god, she is finally getting back to acting and we get to see her on the big screen. GOD BLESS SPIDERMAN!

Anyway, I feel like that is an actual issue. It may be different for some people, but almost every person that I know in real life (who also writes fanfiction) has the same problem.