Before The Story Begins

"Please, don't leave me."
"I'm sorry Justin, but I have to."
"Why can't you stay with your father?"
"Because."
"Because what?!"
"Because I'm not close to my dad."
"Then become close too him."
"That's not how it works."
"But it could."
"I can't believe you're so self centered that you would want me to be unhappy so I wouldn't leave you. Goodbye Justin."
"But Liza, wa-"
I hung up and put my phone in my back pocket. "Liza, are you ready?!"
"Yeah mom, just one second." I looked around at my old bedroom. It use to be filled with pictures of me, my family, and my friends, but now the walls were bare. There was no longer a bed to take up some of the room, the closet was empty, the room was filled with nothing but memories. I grabbed my suitcase and headed downstairs, meeting up with my mother. "You ready honey, we gotta go before your father gets home." I nodded my head, knowing that if he saw us leaving he wouldn't be able to take it. He wanted me to stay, but I don't know why. Maybe he wanted to bond with me, or maybe he wanted to "bond" with me. No, he isn't that big of a pervert. Either way, he wanted me to stay with him but I didn't. "Yep." I dragged my suitcase out to the car and put it in trunk, then getting into the passenger seat. My mom got in the drivers seat and started the car up. "Ready to start a new life." I nodded and looked out the window to see the one place I knew best, but had to leave.