Chapter 1

He took a final deep breath before approaching her. "Excuse me, is anyone sitting here?" He referred to the empty spot next to her, his slight accent coming out as he spoke. "Um, no," He then slid in the chair and began getting out his things. She was confused as to why he sat here. There were a number of empty seats around the classroom, but he chose to sit next to her. She just shrugged it off, assuming he wanted someone to sit next to and didn't know or like anyone else in the class. Her eyes wandered around the brightly lit classroom to find her boyfriend talking to some girl at her seat. Even though the girl was sat on a tall stool, he still towered over her probably short stature. They both laughed, he probably said something funny.He had a overly goofy personality that could charm almost anybody. Her attention returned to her sketchbook, working on her latest landscape drawing. It was a small house surrounded by a variety of flowers and shrubbery. Living in a city-like area never allowed her to garden like she wanted to. Most times her drawing were of things like this, things she wished she had. Her life wasn't bad in the slightest, but she dreamed of doing so much and seeing even more. Realistically, most of her fantasies wouldn't come true, so drawing them was her way to experience them.

Today the class had a substitute, so all they did was watch a video. Half the class was either asleep or on their phones under the table. Lolina tried to pay attention, she really did. But the video was so boring she couldn't help doze off a few times.