Destination

The train pulled to a slow squeaky stop. A man from inside opened one of the doors. Everyone rushed to the door as the man collected the tickets. I grabbed my bag and handed him my ticket. He looked at me wryly, but then let me on. I sat in the back by a window and set my stuff next to me to avoid conversation with anyone who sat next to me. I put in my headphones and sat back. I was really tired. I looked at my phone, it was almost 10:00am.

Margret would be up. She'd have made breakfast and right now my Aunt and Limley were eating it. Chances are Margret said not a word about the note. Joey would be coming to wake me soon. He'd suspect something because I never sleep late. He'd find the money and immediately stuff it in his inner coat pocket. He too would not say a word. And after breakfast Joey and Margret would discuss what they found. Joey would then say something to my Aunt. But knowing her she'd say that I was probably at a friends house for the week. Which Margret and Joey would know not to be true. Yet, of course my Aunt has the right to think those things. I have ran away before. Twice actually, but I just went to my friends house for a few days. I'm sure Margret will worry, but Joey will confirm that I'm ok. He'd tell her to take the trip. And I bet my hat she'll eventually cave. And I'll pray every night that she does.

I looked up and saw the man standing at the door was walking toward me. And he stopped and looked at me. I took out my headphones. "Yes?" I asked.

"May I see the other half of your ticket, please?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure." I said handing it to him.

"You're under the age of eighteen." He said.

"Yeah."

"May I ask why you're traveling here today?" He asked.

"I'm going to visit my cousin." I said lying.

"And your traveling by yourself?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Where are your parents?"

"They're coming down in a few days due to work." I was lying still.

"Well...Ok then." He said handing me my ticket back and walking away.

I let out a sigh of relief. I then put my headphones back in. I played some soft music and sat back. I looked out the window and after a little the train left the station. I smiled a little. I had done it. I'm really free.

The train's movement was calm. It rocked slightly back and forth. I began to close my eyes. The rocking of the train and my music that soon sounded like a lullaby made me fall fast to sleep. I couldn't tell you what my dream was about. I was such a blur. I normally could remember them but this time I couldn't

When I woke up I heard the clashing of plates and small talk. I slowly rose and looked around. People were cheerfully eating and talking. Plates were full of sandwiches and chips. A waiter came by and asked me if I wanted anything. I asked for a lemonade. I stretched out my arms and took a big yawn.

Shortly after the waiter came back with my lemonade. I thanked him then took a sip and stared out the window. I slipped my headphones back on and sunk into my seat with my hood up relaxing. And just then something startled me. There was a boy sitting next to me. I sat up shocked and he just stared at me. I set my drink down, put down my hood and took off my headphones. The boy didn't say anything.

He was my age. Had dark brown hair and green eyes with glasses. His hair was brushed back. He was skinny and tall and held a comic book in his hand. He was definitely on the nerdy side. "Yes?" I asked him.

"Oh right. Sorry." He said. "I'm Jake." He said and he held out his hand. I shook it.

"Whats your name?" He asked.