fourteen: drunk confession

“Yoonjae-ah, we're already here.”I said, patting Yoonjae's cheeks. He just groaned, and rolled over, which made me fall on top of him. Our faces were too close to each other that I can smell the scent of alcohol in his breath. Yoonjae's pale cheeks are tinted pink by the alcohol.

Outside the car, Jungkook cleared his throat, “Guys hurry up.”

I laughed as I sat up, “Okay.” I made Yoonjae sat up from his seat, and threw him to Jungkook, who caught him and carried Yoonjae on his back. I went out of the car and closed the door as I followed Jungkook.

We entered the building, and to the elevator. “Which floor?”Jungkook asked. “Ten.”I replied, as I pressed the tenth floor button on the elevator, “You've never been here before?” I ask. Jungkook shook his head, “No. Yoonjae and I aren't that close. ” “..oh.” I said, as I paced back and forth, looking at the ceiling of the elevator.

“You have a really nice voice, by the way..”Jungkook spoke up, and I smiled, “Same to you too.” “Seriously. You could be a singer. Your voice is similar to IU's.” Jungkook said, and I laughed, “Of course not... Hey, you could be a singer too. Why did you became a barista?” I asked, and Jungkook just shrugged, “I just want to do something and be productive.” “You're living in a really luxurious condominium. How can you manage to pay all of your expenses if you're just a barista?”I asked. “Ah, my parents..” Jungkook said, and I nodded, “You're a rich kid, after all.” Jungkook just grinned.

“Since you asked me on why I became a barista, I'll ask you why did you decide to become a police officer..”Jungkook said.

I bit my lower lip, as I leaned on the wall. “My father was killed by a hitman from the Kim's ten years ago.. I was seventeen back then... I remembered the killer's features; raven black hair and a cold look on his face. He's about my age, or he just looks young.” I said, and looked at Jungkook, “My dad was a good man. I don't know why he was killed. He was just a policeman that is doing his job properly, and then he died just like that.” I said, my voice cracking as tears brimmed in my eyes. I wiped them immediately, though. I don't want Jungkook to see me as a crying mess while talking about my dad.

I still remember the happenings clearly in my mind;

I'm walking home, holding a red box with a birthday cake inside. It's my father's birthday, so I should go home early to surprise him. Mom went out to buy some food, since we guessed that dad is gonna come home at night, so we'll just have dinner with him to celebrate his 45th birthday.

I hummed a tune from my favorite song of Avril Lavigne's "Complicated", and I don't even know why.

Every step I took seemed to be a happy skipping and walking, as I am going home with a vanilla cake in hand. When I was at the gate, I saw dad's car already parked in the garage. “He's already here?” I asked myself, and then I smiled as I rushed in the house.