Chapter One ♥️

Chapter one ♥️

"It wasn't that bad, was it?" Rose glared at her friend Katy as she continued on with her story about the new that at her school that wouldn't stop staring at her.

"Yess! He was creepy. I think he was staring at me earlier.." She looked away, submerged in thought.

"I saw him again.." I said knowing she wasn't listening "I got a name this time. He died thought. And then some other guy came out... Maybe I'm just going crazy, right?" I look at Katy who was staring at the new guy in awe.

"Stop drooling." I slapped the table to catch her attention.

"I just wanna know his name, I mean look at him, that boy has fine written all over him." She smiled.

"No." I said.

"No what?"

"No more guys. This spring break is gonna be better than Christmas break. And this time, no ditching me for some hot guy you met at the gym."

We both laughed.

"Promise!" She said as she hoped out of her chair to go to seventh period .

I walked down the hall, knowing it was Wednesday I knew what was coming.

"Mrs. Ortaega! Councilors office." Mr.Mallix said right as I walked into the door of bio .

"Suurreeee." I rolled my eyes and ducked out.

"Here we go again." I thought.

Opened my locker, shoved my binder in, and books in.

Then began back down the hall, but started walking a little faster when she realized she was being followed. Once she came to a halt the person behind her ran straight into her and they both tumbled over.

"Ouch." Rose realized she was on the floor.

"I'm so sorry. I don't know my way around the school and I wasn't paying attention. Hi , I'm uhm new, my names Dillion." He held his hand out while smiling shyly.

"Dillion?" She stared blankly.

The new guy. Katy thought was creepy. The guy in my dream. The one who died. Is that really the same guy? He looked close enough to his description.. She closed her eyes, hoping she was still asleep. But she wasn't.

"Damn." She mumbled.

"Yeah.. That's my name, need a hand?" " I'm good.." She got up quickly, waved goodbye and went straight into the councilors off.

"Mrs. Ortaega? You look, startled."

Ms. Bucks , our councilor, said cautiously looking around. "Everything okay, dear?"

"Couldn't be better." I said breathlessly.

That was him. She knew it. It couldn't be a coincidence. It had to be him..

"Sit down." Ms. Bucks smiled.

And so I did.

"How was your day?" She asked calmly.

"It was, ehh, yours?" I replied.

"It was good. But we aren't here to talk about that now, are we?"

"Nope. Just like every other Wednesday for the past almost year we're here to talk about my mother and sister. Though it doesn't matter, I know they aren't coming back. So what's the point of this? I know you wanna think your helping but you aren't. I don't need your help, nor did I ask for it."

"Rosalyn, you are in a very.." She paused. "Unique, situation. And you need to talk to someone about it, you can't leave it all balled up in there." She pointed at my head.

"I have friends to talk to about what has happened. And they all seem fine. Everyone knows my mom died, and sister disappeared. It doesn't matter.. You seem to be missing the point. Because I just do to care anymore. My mother didn't wanna be here, so she left. My sister is probably running around some random island with some cute 6 year old. So were done here." I stood.

"You have two more weeks left."

"I have time, I'll be fine.." I began to walk out.

"Your running out of time.." She mumbled, I ignored her.

I stuck my hands in the pockets of my favorite jacket Daniel had given me and walked outside to the only three swings our little town high-school had.

I closed my eyes as the ground underneath we me swayed back and forth with the creaks of the motion. Why does it matter if I talk about it? I asked myself. "My mom died when I was 15. Three days before my birthday. My sister disappeared when she was 4, but the cops literally found no evidence of how she left or where she went. And my dad? Works two jobs , spends off time at the bars, drinking every memory of them away. I've barley seen him I'm the past 11 months. He blames me for there leaving..

As soon as I felt myself want to break down and cry I let the winds fly through my hair and wash away all the thoughts about them. They weren't there anymore. I didn't care.

"It'll be okay.." I smiled to myself and swung for the next half hour.