Chapter 4: The Hospital and Visit From God; Monday, July 7, 2014

Seira

~9:03a.m.~

I had fallen asleep in one of the chairs in Will's room the night before. He hasn't woken up yet, only stirred maybe once or twice. It wasn't enough to attract attention though. My attention was caught. 

Mom left sometime last night, making me promise that I'd stay in the hospital. I responded with asking why I'd leave. She chuckled and left.

"Where am I?" Will said. I lifted my head to see Will's eyes wide open, afraid. "Who are you?"

"It's me, Seira." I paused, fuck. "I'll go let the doctors know you're awake."

I slowly walked out of the room, dreading what I realized. "Hi, do you need some coffee?" The nurse that I've been talking to half of the night asked me. 

"Oh um, no. I'm fine. I just thought I should let you know that you really should get a doctor to go in and examine Will." A broken feeling cracked my voice.

"He's awake?" She asked enthusiastically.

"Yeah... And I think he has a bit of amnesia." Sarah, which is the nurse's name, frowned and patted my shoulder. 

"Go home, shake this off. I'll call you when I'm off my shift and if there are any changes here." I nodded, not really knowing what to do.

Regretting the past twenty-four hours, I tried to think of the positive things that had happened. Blade was happy; Halo finally got Blade to stay away from me; I got a sister. Sadly, that's all I can think of. 

A clap of thunder shook the dreariness out of me. Thunder, lightning, rain, and wind were the most calming conditions for me. A bolt of bright white flashed across the sky. Warm rain pelted my face. Strong winds whipped my hair around behind me. I said it was calming, but not all at once and this powerful. I looked up into the sky, unable to keep going. I swear I saw God.

"Go back!" The wind screamed at me. 

"No! He doesn't need me!"

The wind slowed to a sweet breeze. It held me in a warm embrace. "But you need him." Then, the wind strengthened to push me back towards the hospital. I fought.

"I don't want to hurt him!" Another loud clap of thunder dropped me to my knees. 

"Noah will understand." I shook my head, denying his words.

"I won't be able to stop once I'v started. He's better off denying my presence." Slowly, I stood and pushed against the wind. "Please, don't make me do this to him."

All at once, the wind stopped. I fell to the ground. Determined to get home, I ran. The rain still poured down and pelted my skin like a bullet. 

Not realizing that the walk-way light had turned red, I ran out into the road. Cars, honking their horns, nearly ran into me. Faster and faster I pushed myself. Finally, I made it home.

The door slammed against the wall, startling everyone. Anger and pain escaped my tear ducts. Without closing the door, I, weak and tired, collapsed.

Lisa

~12:39p.m.~

We rushed and got Seira onto the couch. Her skin seemed too pale. "She was fighting Him." I whispered as my warm fingers brushed against her wind burned skin. Tears stained her rosey cheeks.

"Why? She knows it's dangerous to do that." Halo asked, irritation etched her voice.

"It had to do with Will." Blade whispered. Leo had fallen asleep in Blade's bedroom a while ago. "I might have found Leo, but my senses towards her haven't dulled. Something's wrong with Will."