A Minute Late (Original Red x Reader)

Hey! So I deleted the first chapter and replaced it with this one since the first one really sucked in my opinion DX

Okay so this is a really touching story to me :') I hope you like it.. Red just seems to make it all so perfect!
For no one I guess... Requests please! I do x readers, pokemon x pokemon, any ship from any arc, version, or type (manga, anime, game etc.) anything at all!!!

NOTE: For more emotional moments, please play "Two Is Better Than One" by Boys Like Girls or it can be Taylor Swift.

~Enjoy <3

~

His red gaze watches you across the ballroom, where in the center you twirl and laugh in the embrace of another man. He sighs and puts down a glass of wine he had been holding on for too long untouched.

"Red, what's wrong? Aren't you enjoying yourself?" Lyra ask the silent boy as she approached him, seeing his unsteady stature by far.

"Oh, hey Lyra." Red greeted, toting his gaze away from you for once to face his old friend. "I'm fine, I guess drank too much wine th'sall."

"I thought the Champion can handle anything?" Lyra giggles.

"Well apparently not." Red grumbles, Lyra's eyes soften at his tone and sighs.

"Red.. I know something's wrong, you can't hide from me. Now what is it?" Lyra tries once again but to her dismay, the boy looked away from her and back to you.

In his eyes, you looked so graceful twirling and spinning in the arms of another man. Your (f/c) dress that complimented your eyes flowed gently around you and your hair was let down freely with a crystal clip accessory that pulls back some of your hair. You looked beautiful.. Not that you weren't beautiful before, to Red, everyday he would have to resist the urge to tell you that.

Lyra' chocolate brown eyes followed the boy's stare and saw you. She sighs puts a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"It's about (y/n)? Isn't it.." Red didn't answer, it was obvious. "If you really do like her, then go. Tell her, Red."

The said boy tried to hold back a frustrating groan, instead he replied.

"I can't, she's my best friend, besides.." He trails off when he sees you peck the boy you were dancing with, he had a pair of emerald green eyes, spiky untamed brown hair and was wearing a tuxedo similar to his except it had a green tie.

"She's engaged to Gary."

Lyra sighs for what seemed like the hundred time that night. Pikachu, the yellow mouse type pokémon jumped down from the Champions shoulder and ran towards you. And of course, Red had to chase after his partner.

"Pika! Wait boy, where are you goin-" He was cut off when he saw the electric type climb up your arms as you knelt down to pet him.

"(Y-y/n).." Red stutters, you stood back up with the pokémon in your arms to smile at Red.

"Hey Red! Long time no see, I was so busy with all the preparations that I... Almost forgot about my best friend." Pikachu jumped from your arms and ran off again to give you some alone time.

"Red dude!" Gary greeted, his loud obnoxious and taunting voice replaced by a mature slightly American-ish style. "How are you?"

"Hi Gary, I'm fine. Uh.. May I cut in?" He ask, putting a hand in between the two of you and your fiancée. You smiled and nodded gleefully before taking his hand.

"It would be my pleasure." You state "I'll be right back, Gary! Red and I have a lo~t to catch up with."

It wasn't long until you and your best friend were gliding across the marble floors, everyone seems to have faded by the background and a silence was caught in between you with only the soft violin music filling the air.