『 六 』

The outraged instructor yelling at (Y/N)'s face caused all the heads to turn in the direction of the four coming from outside.

(Y/N) moved back a bit and tried to run away but Mikasa held her in place.

"You'll make it worse if you try to escape now," she warned.

"Look sir," Eren interrupted, "Are you sure you aren't mistaken? They might be there somewhere."

"I KNOW FOR SURE THAT THIS IS NOT A MISTAKE!" roared Keith Shadis, who wasn't having any of that, "I'VE SEARCHED EVERY DAMN PLACE BUT NO RECORDS OF HER OR THIS SO CALLED (L/N) THING EXISTS!"

The four flinched at his loud tone but they refused to back down.

"S-sir," Armin added shakily, "You must be mistaken. (Y/N) has always been here with us as far as we know. M-maybe the records went missing?"

"HOW CAN THE PROOF THAT A PERSON EXISTS MAGICALLY GO MISSING?!"

"Calm down," Mikasa said, "I understand that you are outraged but this is even more outraging for us. Are you telling us that somebody we knew since childhood doesn't exist? I refuse to believe this."

'Oh s.hit, you're all lying for my sake. You don't have to do this.'

After a few more moments of yelling,Mikasa offered an alternative.

"How about you detain her for a while until you find out that she isn't somebody dangerous," she suggested, "But if you dare hurt her, there will be consequences."

"You are not in a position to threaten me," Keith Shadis said in a normal volume, shocking everyone, "And I do not ever act out of line. I will not hurts anybody unless I have a reason to do so."

Eren and Armin visibly relaxed a bit while Mikasa remained as unchanged as ever.

(Y/N) quietly followed after him and the three followed after (Y/N).

"You don't need to come with me," (Y/N) said.

"You are in no position to tell me what to do," Eren replied, mimicking Keith Shadis' tone from earlier, making Armin nervously hush him.

"What is this?" Eren asked excitedly as they reached a door.

"A prison cell," Shadis answered and Eren's expression changed drastically.

"You didn't tell us you were going to put her in prison!"

"How else could I detain her?" he replied and put (Y/N) behind the bars, "Now talk."

"What do you want me to say?" she replied.

"This is (Y/N) (L/N)," Mikasa sighed, "She hasn't been with us since childhood. Only since she was ten. That was when the first sign of the healing green particles were seen."

Eren and Armin looked at Mikasa in shock because they couldn't believe she was selling out their own comrade.

"What are you trying to say?" Shadis narrowed his eyes.

"(Y/N) isn't an (L/N); she is a Schlusser."

"I need to see it in order to believe it," Shadis responded, "And you could have said this over there."

"Not really. She wants to keep a low profile. Also, there will be proof. We have figured out that the particles appear when she is scared, shocked, or traumatized."

"And why would I believe you guys so simply?"

"I propose a solution," Mikasa announced fearlessly, "Why don't you take her Titan hunting?"

"Mikasa! Are you crazy?!" Eren yelled, "She can die!"

"I side with Eren," Armin agreed meekly, "This isn't safe."

"If she has the power, she survives. If she doesn't, she dies," Shadis said.

"I understand. That is why I propose another solution," Mikasa added,  "We go with her and watch her back."

"Mikasa! Are you crazy?!" Eren yelled again, "We can die!"

"I side with Eren," Armin agreed meekly again, "This isn't safe."

"I accept this proposition," Shadis approved, "I like the fact that you are willing to risk your lives. If this succeeds, she won't be charged of anything. But if it doesn't. . ."

"I-If it doesn't, then what?" Armin asked nervously.

"Then she will die and you three will also be charged with heresy," Shadis said, "Assuming that you haven't died already. Go home now. The mission is tomorrow."

"Can we have our friend back?" Mikasa asked.

"No," was the reply, "She stays here until proven innocent while you three will go back and resume your normal training."

Mikasa gave (Y/N) a look that assured her she will be fine but also a look which screamed you-better-not-fuck-up-tomorrow.

"Those are some nice friends," Shadis said after the three left, "Lying to save each other and even risking their lives over things they aren't sure of."

"I know."

"The Ackerman girl has a potential of being a great soldier. The way she holds herself, remains so calm and makes propositions like that," he continued, "That's what being a soldier is all about."

"Inspiring words, sir. Can I have food?"

Shadis didn't reply but just gave her a look and went away.

'I know for a fact that he isn't coming back until tomorrow.'

She wondered how she would spend the rest of her day so she did what a normal human would do.

"Loonelllly~" she sang, "I'm sooo loonelllly. I have nobooody~"

The next morning, she was woken up by blinding rays of the sun in her face and realized that Keith Shadis was standing near the door.

He unlocked the bars and told her to go to her dorm to get changed.

"Bye felicia," (Y/N) joked as she went back to the dorms.

"Hey Mikasa," (Y/N) greeted as she entered her dorm, "Guess who's back and not dead."

"That's nice," Mikasa acknowledged, "Get changed quickly."

"Okay, Mamakasa."

"Will you stop with the weird mom nicknames?"

"Probably not."

"I don't have time for this," she sighed,acting like a mom, "Let's go. Eren and Armin are probably waiting outside."

"Okay."

"This is Commander Erwin Smith," Keith Shadis introduced, "Commander Smith, these are the brats."

"Which one of you is the Schlusser," He asked after acknowledging them with a nod.

"Me?" (Y/N) asked but it came out as a question.

'Holy s.hit, his eyebrows are huge.'

"Are you prepared to die?" He asked as the three nodded.

"Well, let's go," he said.

(Y/N) noticed that Erwin was the only professional one aside Shadis and that really worried her.

Aren't you glad you got to meet me,
Yuki078