The Meeting

"Sit down please." Sonu said to Aryan.

"Thank you, sir." Aryan replied.

Aryan and Naina sat next to each other. Their hands clasped together. Naina wipes her tears immediately.

"Aryan Sharma.. Right ?" Said Sonu as he looked at Aryan.

Aryan nodded his head politely.

"Are you already know about Rahul, Naina's ex-husband ?" Asked Sonu. His breath was restrained, controlling his feelings.

"Yes sir."

"Do you have a sibling relationship with him ? Your face looks like him a lot."

"Uhm .. No, not at all. I never even met him before. I only know him through the talks and photos shown by Naina."

Sonu sighed. He is a bit relieved.

"How long have you known my daughter ?" Sonu asked again.

"It's about ten months." Aryan replied.

"Looks like your age is younger than her." Sonu said again. He does take more conversation than Neha. He understood very well that his wife was still in shock because of the exact same face between Aryan and Rahul.

"You're right, sir. I'm three years younger than your daughter."

Sonu nodded his head. Aryan grew more nervous. He tighten his grip on Naina.

"What is your job ?"

"I'm working as a doctor in Mumbai Hospital."

Sonu rubbed his chin at the same time as he raised his eyebrows.

"There's some thing I want to ask you."

Aryan and Naina looked at each other without letting go of their grasp.

"From the beginning, you probably know the status and background of Naina's life. After you know it, don't you feel regret ? Have you ever regretted knowing and having a relationship with her ? I mean maybe your other friends have a comparable life partner with their wishes. Have you ever been jealous of them ? And how can you love my daughter while out there are still many beautiful girls willing to be your wives ?"

Naina continued to stare at the silent Aryan. She can't wait to hear his answer for that question. Aryan busy regulating his breathing trying to control his rapid heartbeat.

"I never demand anything on your daughter, sir. She has to be like this, she must be like that, that's not my goal to love her. After I know your daughter has a bitter and exhausting past, I intend to improve her life. I wish with my presence at her life, her spirit for life can rise again, her once-lost smile can come back again. Just that sir. You need to know, Naina is the first woman I love besides my mother. She is my first love. Even I don't have a reason if you ask me why I can love your daughter. She has a tremendous appeal. She is able to change my mind about love. I don't know what I have to say. I really love your daughter, sir." say Aryan quiet.

Sonu stared intently at Aryan. He still doubts that man's love for his daughter. While Naina bowed her head but smiled behind it.

"What are you looking at for Naina? What makes you so sure to marry her ?" Asked Sonu.

"Love, peace, and tranquility of the soul. That's the only thing that motivates me to marry your daughter. Nothing else."

"If one day Naina makes you upset and hurt your feelings, what are you going to do? Will you leave her ?"

Aryan breathed slowly. Naina's father's question had made him even more nervous.

"Just answer him." Naina whispered to him softly.