LET ME BE THE ONE TO SAVE YOU- MY CHAPTER 35 ONE DAY

"Ashton!" I called as I watched him walk up the stairs. He ignored me and continued to walk, so I followed. We both needed to do some explaining and now that I know the truth with now I feel about Calum, I can finally explain things.

"Ashton please, unlock the door, we need to talk" I said standing outside his door.

"Ashton we need to talk" I said knocking on the door and realising it wasn't locked properly.

I wish what I saw, I hadn't seen.

This was when my heart broke even more.

What I was witnessing was not meant to be happening.

He hasn't noticed me yet, he was to concentrated on what he was doing.

"Ash-Ashton" I said quietly not even sure if he heard me.

He looked up at me, he looked horrible. He looked tired, and stressed, and like he wasn't eating properly. His hair was scruffy, which in a way is cute, but with everything else it just made him look worse.

My rock had broken.

"Grace how did you get in here?" Clearly taken back at first but then his eyes relaxed a little bit. He was trying to hide his arm, it wasn't really working.

"The door wasn't locked properly" I said slowly walking over to him.

"Ash what are you doing?" It was as clear as day to see but I asked anyways.

"Grace I didn't want you or anything for that matter see, I'm sorry" he said back, he was in pain. His facial expression said it all.

"Grace can you please get out? I'm a little busy" he said after looking down at his arm once again.

"No! I will not leave the boy I love like this! Ashton please stop your scaring me" I said yelling at first but then lowering my voice. I knelt down to his level on the floor.

"It hurts so much" he said turning to me this time.

"I know babe, I know. But it was what you needed right? To make the outside hurt just as bad as the insides does? It felt good pulling the blade across your skin. Imperfecting yourself? Ashton trust me I know." I said looking at him, he had turned his head away from me now.

"I'm sorry Grace" he said still not looking at me.

"I know, just stop please"

"I'm not talking about this Grace, I'm talking about everything, you need to know everything" he said still holding his arm.

"Let me get you a towel" I said standing up and going into the bathroom and grabbing a towel and giving it back to him.

"Grace please hear me out" Ashton said placing the towel on the cuts.

I nodded giving him the right to continue.

"You remember the first day I met you right?" He asked me after a while.

"Yeah" I croaked out, "as if was yesterday" I told him, leaning against the bed.

"We'll that was the day I knew I needed to get to know you better. I-I mean, I asked for your number because you weds and troubled and I knew I could help you. I guess I texted you for two months because I wanted you to get used to me before I called you" he mumbled, "when I finally got the courage to, I did, big your phone..someone else answered it. One of your foster mums" "he stated quietly.

I remember Calum telling me this, " when I asked where you were she said you were... Yo-ou were dying Grace" his voice cracked as another tear fell, "I-I asked if she could give me the address, I mean, I wanted to be there when you woke up but and refused ........... I just wanted to see you again, and I'm so sorry"

"I told you all my secrets" I said rubbing my scars and not daring to look him in the eyes.

"And I told you all mine" he whispered back. He said lifting my chin up to look at him. He started leaning in but before he had a chance to do anything I interrupted "I only kissed Calum to see if I still....liked you" I mumbled looking back into his eyes, they were teary. "He was kinda there for me..... I don't know why to do without you" I cried, "I need you and I hate myself for it" I sobbed.

"I love you too Grace" he said looking into my eyes. We both leaned in, it was only a short sweet kiss but it was a kiss.

He grabbed my hand with his other hand and squeezed it, "I'm so sorry baby" he whispered.....I can't stand it. I sit outside for hours" he whispered.

"I forgive you" I whispered, "I mean you hurt me a lot so I probably won't ever fully forgive you for what you did but I forgive you, I will take me a while to re-build full trust but if willing to us another shot I am too" I said looking up at him.

"That's okay, I'm willing to work, I will re-gain full trust, I love you so much Grace"

"I love you too Ashton" I said before we kissed again, this time a little more passionate before I broke if off.

"Ash, I need to fix your arm, come into the bathroom" I said standing up.

"Just promise me not to do it again" I whispered.

"Only if you do the same" he whispered back.

"Deal" I said sticking out my pinky finger.

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise."