Chapter 19

Cassidy POV

We were on our way, walking towards my house. Grayson offered to drop me off so I wouldn't have to walk trough the dark streets alone. We were just strolling, holding hands. The feeling in the pit of my stomach was weird, it was a fuzzy feeling mixed with a little fear. He was right, love is scary. I can't believe what this boy did to me in such a short time.

Grayson POV

I truly can't believe I just confessed my love for her. I mean, I meant everything I said but I never got so honest with a girl. I feel like I ruined it. I don't know if I like the new Grayson. My other lifestyle was much more simple. And not scary.

Cassidy POV

We arrived at my house and when we got to the door I turned around to face Grayson.
He smiled weakly.
"Do you want to come in? I'm alone for the night, Colin is staying at Harper's and my parents are still out of town.."
"Still?"
"Yeah, it's a long business trip."
He shrugs, "Do you think it's wise?"
I frowned, "Why wouldn't it be? I feel like we still have things to talk about."
He nods. "Okay, can I stay here for the night then?"
I smile at him and nod.
"Let's just go straight to my room."

We walk in and I go to sit on my bed. He stays at the door.
"How are you feeling?" I tilt my head and look him in the eyes.
"Fine, why wouldn't I be?"
I shrug, "You seem out of it, I know it wasn't easy to say all the things you told me in the woods."
"I don't know what is wrong at the moment, it's all happening so quickly." He says, shifting his weight from his left foot to his right.
I close my eyes and take a deep breath. "I know, I noticed that too. This never happened to me before, I didn't feel this way in my previous relationship with Ale-... Well you know. But honestly Grayson, I think we can make this work, because, even though I don't have a great speech, I really love you. Like, a lot. We just need to keep communicating." I sigh and don't dare to look him in the eye.

After a minute or so I look up at him to catch him just staring at me. He sighs happily and a small smile forms on his face. He turns around and locks the door.

I follow his every move.
He walks towards me and places himself on the bed next to me. We both say nothing. There is nothing to say. He places his hand under my chin and scans my face. Taking up all my features he sighs. "You are so beautiful... breathtaking even."
My lips form a smile immediately. He leans forward and places his lips on mine. We both don't even have to think, it just happens. It feels so right. And the mixed feelings in my stomach make place for a warm feeling of happiness.

He slowly hovers over me as we deepen our kiss. I'm lying on my back as he keeps himself up with his elbows.

He disconnects our lips and looks me in the eye. He slowly moves to my neck and leaves little pecks down to my collar bone.
"Grayson..." I bring out.
He immediately stops and gets up to look at me. "If you want me to stop I will. Tell me what you want, if I'm going to quick, just tell me."

I am conflicted, until I look into his eyes and can only smile.