16.The Red Room Curse

*This is a Japanese urban legend about a pop up that appears on the victim's computer.*

The story of the "Red Room Curse" goes that there is an alleged pop-up that asks a target: "Do you like-?" in a child-like voice. If the target closes the pop-up, it will pop up again, asking again: "Do you like-?" in a more distorted voice. If the user continues to close the pop-ups, it will eventually change the question to: "Do you like red?" Again, if the user continues to close the pop-up, the pop-up will eventually complete its question and ask: "Do you like the red room?"

A website will then pop up containing a list of people's names-the target's name is also listed.

Suddenly, the target will feel a presence behind them.

When the target is discovered, it will seem as though they committed suicide-after having painted the room in which they were found, red, with their own blood.

here goes the story version :-

It was almost four o'clock in the afternoon, and the large suburban Edwin Macdonald High School had just let out for the weekend. A tall, mature-looking young man, Robb, stood alone in one of the classrooms, leaning on someone's desk and flipping through the rift of papers in his hands. A long weekend was coming up, and almost everyone had something due, so that afternoon had become a last hand-in opportunity. There were probably less than fifteen students still in the building.

A fair-haired, bespectacled boy about Robb's age came into the room and slammed his fair-sized backpack onto a desk. "Hey, you're still here?"

Robb simply glanced up, not faltered by the noise. "I have a lot of papers to put in, Jack."

"Everybody else is leaving now..." he gestured to the door. Three mousy-looking girls walked by, chattering. "You're still going to come over tomorrow, right?"

"I wouldn't drop my plans without saying," Robb said with a shrug. He often found himself the least energetic of the pair. Jack was a nice guy, but he was way too wild sometimes.

"Oh! By the way!" Jack pulled himself up to sit on one of the desks. "I heard a rumor about a deadly pop-up on the internet called The Red Room."

Eric finally looked up, his face disturbed. "You heard about what?"

"The Red Room!"

"Why is it called that?"

"I don't know, but it's like this..." Jack paused, smirking, trying to gather whatever story he had. "Someone will be on the internet, and everything's all normal at first, but a pop-up comes up out of nowhere. It doesn't say anything other than 'Do you like--?'"

"You could always close it."

"Well, that's the thing! If anyone tries to close it, they die!" Jack ended this with a hiss, wiggling his fingers in the air. Eric laughed a little.

"C'mon, that doesn't make any sense," he retorted, throwing his jacket on. "How do you know it even exists?"

"It just does! I have to test it to be sure..." Jack was agitated now. "I heard a couple of people have actually died from it."

Robb was at the door now. "I hope not, man. Now, I need to get these to Mr. Granger," he said with a wave of the papers in his hand.

"Sure. Just be sure to come over tomorrow!"