The apocalypse

It was a dark and quite night in New York City. The busy streets were silenced once the infection spread. Little life remained now. A smashing of glass broke the silence. At an abandoned house an all-black figure broke into the house. The figure had a somewhat famine figure to it. Wearing all black clothing. The sound of glass has awoken the monsters that destroyed this world. The sodden sound of groaning and roaring made the figure quickly turn towards the door. A girl. The all black figure was a girl. She looked as if she was in her twenties. Beautiful messy brown hair fell out of her hoodie, her pretty light brown eyes filled with fear, her skin once a tan turn into a pale white.

The sounds of the outside coming closer to the house is making her heart race. She grabbed the shotgun beside her and ran to the house's kitchen. Opening the pantry she finds many canned foods. She grabs as many as she can and races out the house.

Outside she was surrounded with at least twelve of the monsters. The infected. Most people would say they are zombie because they do eat humans, but the doctors prefer to call them the infected to not scare people. Surrounded by the infected one of them stood out from the rest, a big female irregular; an irregular is an infected that isn't like the rest and tends to act different. The irregular was in the back of all the infected moving in a weird pattern. Moving as if it had intelligence and as if it knew it was different than everyone else. It turned around and stared straight at the girl. The other infected were walking to the girl but the irregular was just standing there.

One by one she killed the infected but the irregular still stood there staring. Suddenly the irregular appeared behind her and bite a huge chunk out of the girl's neck. Then she blacked out.