Chapter 7

Nadine's POV

"This is my first time seeing you play the piano. I've thought you do play, though."

"Danny..." I just said, still concentrating on playing.

"You're really good." He commented. "I only ever heard Echo play. I was wondering if you can, too." He continued saying.

I stopped playing, and started laughing.

He was smiling, but he asked me, "Why did you stop?"

"I can't talk while playing." I told him, still laughing a little.

"Sorry." He said, and he really looked it.

I shook my head at him... "I guess it's one of my quirks. Kuya Echo doesn't have that kind of problem. It was Kuya Echo who taught me. Me and Sue, actually."

I noticed his face brighten when I mentioned Sue. I couldn't help but grin. I really think my little brother is developing strong feelings for a certain someone.

"When Sue plays, she has this poker face. You'd think she's in a trance or something." I told him.

He laughed. "I wanna see that."

"If you want, I can ask her to play for me on the 20th." I told him. 20th. I can't believe it's only a few days from today. Our wedding day.

"Ask her!" He said, grinning mischievously.

"Fine." I said with a laugh.

"Can you play once more? While we're waiting for James." He said.

I just nodded and started playing. Daniel sat beside me, watching.

"I know this song." He said after a while.

I nodded. "Kuya Echo said his mom always sings this to him, before..." I trailed off.

"You can talk while playing!" He laughed.

I grinned and just shrugged, concentrating once more to the piano.

Daniel quietly listened for a while.

"Echo's mom must really love him." He said quietly, sounding wistful; even a little envious. I understood perfectly. Our mother must love us, but she never really try to show it to us.

And then suddenly, he started singing the song as I play.

"I'll bring fire in the winter.

You'll bring showers in the spring.

We'll fly through the falls and summers

With love in our hands..."

We continued the song; me playing the piano and Daniel singing. I didn't know my brother could sing. The music we made was very soothing to my ears. I want to repeat this again when Kuya Echo is back. I know he'd be pleased.

As Daniel sang the last lines and I play the last notes, I didn't really know how to describe what I felt. I guess we've deepen our bond somehow; making music together. Music our Kuya loves.

I was startled when there was a flash of light and applause.

James grinned as he lowered his camera. Loisa is beaming at us while clapping her hands. I felt a little embarrassed. Neither Daniel nor I noticed that they had arrived.

"That was so beautiful, Ate Naddie!" Loisa told me. She had called me that since meeting me officially. It still makes me feel a little weird. Even Daniel rarely calls me "Ate". But Loisa is someone you can't really say 'no' to nor is she someone who can possibly annoy anyone. She's just too... well, she seems really innocent. James tells me that she can be mischievous and manipulative if she wants to, though. But I can't really imagine that.