1

"No, don't cry," I told my aunt, seeing her eyes become glassy.

"I'm not," she told me, but her weak voice gave her away.

I rolled my eyes, but nonetheless stood up from my chair and walked around the kitchen table to her. I wrapped my arms around her neck, feeling her hug me back immediately.

"I'll still be your little girl, Aunt Denise. Don't worry," I tried to coax her, because I really didn't want her to cry. "Is this really how you want me to remember my first day of senior year?"

She let go of me and jokingly sucked her teeth at me, saying, "God, always making me feel guilty."

"Says the woman who started crying when I was about to leave," I playfully shot back.

"Just get out of here," she waved her hand at me.

"Okay. Bye," I chuckled, then grabbed my bag and headed towards the front door.

"Don't forget your brother!" she called.

Stopping by the staircase, I yelled, "Bass, you ready?"

"Yeah," I heard a muffled answer, then some banging on the wooden floorboards. Sebastian finally came into view at the top of the stairs, and he eagerly hopped down them. When he reached the bottom, he looked at me and cheekily smiled, "Let's go."

With one last goodbye to our aunt, we headed out the door and to my car, which sat idly outside our garage. I threw my bag into the back seat, then climbed in and buckled up.

As I started up the car, I heard Sebastian mumble, "I hope I get a car this nice for my senior year."

I chuckled, "I highly doubt that."

"Why?"

"Because you're a shit driver. There's no way Aunt Denise will get you a Jeep."

"It's not my fault I failed the driving test!" he defended himself. "That guy was a jackass!"

"Keep telling yourself that," I smirked.

"Whatever," he huffed, then roughly sat back in his seat. I looked over and saw him crossing his arms while he looked out the window.

It didn't register earlier, but Sebastian had gotten himself all dressed up. He was wearing a blue short-sleeved button down, khaki shorts, and a pair of dark Wallabees. Also, from the looks of it, his fringe seemed to be gelled upward.

"What's got you looking all snazzy?"

"What are you talking about?"

I glanced at him and noticed a light shade of pink on his cheeks. A smile formed on my face as I poked his side and teased, "Ohh, Bass has a crush!"

"Fuck off, would you?" he pushed my hand away.

I placed both hands back on the wheel as I continued the way to school. "Who is it?"

He sighed, but ended up saying, "A girl on the volleyball team."

"Really? Which one?" I asked, getting excited when I heard my sport.

"Olivia Holt," he mumbled.

"Oh, she's pretty," I said. "Since when are you interested in her?"

"I met her at a pool party over the summer."

"Nice. So you saw her abs?" I smirked.

"I saw a lot more than abs."

I looked over at him and saw a dreamy smile on his face. Smacking him in the stomach, I laughed, "You little perv."