4

I stood at the door to my walk-in closet, browsing for an outfit as Dinah sat on my bed listening to some music. I had been out of the shower for about fifteen minutes, but I couldn't figure out what I wanted to wear to the game. There was already an outfit laid out for the party, but I was having trouble deciding what to pick for the game. Why was I like this? Shouldn't I be more indecisive about the outfit that isn't as casual as a simple sporting event?

I don't get myself sometimes.

"Could you hurry it up already?" Dinah grunted from the bed.

"I'm trying," I whined. I dropped my arm to my side, letting it smack the edge of my towel, and turned towards Dinah with a frown on my face. "Dinah, I don't know what to wear."

"Here's an idea," she said, turning her head to look at me. "Clothes."

Rolling my eyes, I sighed, "Seriously, D, come help me."

"You already have an outfit here," she pointed out, opposed to the idea of getting up.

"That's for the party."

"You can wear it to the game, too," she said as if it were obvious.

I tilted my head and gave her knowing look. "Are you wearing the same outfit to the party?"

Dinah blinked her eyes at me a couple times, hesitant to respond, but eventually mumbled, "No." I raised my eyebrows as a small, winning smile tugged at the corner of lips. Dinah groaned, "Fine." She got up and made her way over to me, looking at the clothes hung in my closet before asking, "What shoes are you wearing?"

"My zip booties." I pointed towards the shoes that sat next to my bed.

Dinah turned to see them, then turned back to the closet, slowly sighing, "They're black, Y/N. They go with everything."

"I know that," I huffed. Ignoring her sass, I explained my dilemma to her, "They got the 'party' vibe from the heel, yet the 'casual' vibe from being pretty simple, but it's still not that casual. I just don't know what casual clothes I have that could match the flow."

"The flow?" Dinah asked mockingly.

I groaned, "You know what I mean." I felt Dinah's judgmental stare on me, so I anxiously begged, "Help me."

"Alright, alright," she agreed, setting out her hands to calm me down. She stepped into my closet, switching her gaze from the shirts that hung on the left rack to the shirts that hung on the right. After a long couple of seconds of her looking back and forth, Dinah spoke up, "Here."

I perked up and took a few steps in as I saw her walk towards the left. She pulled two shirts off the rack and threw them my way without even looking. I hastily caught the clothes, feeling the plastic hangers hit my stomach harder than I would've liked. Narrowing my eyes at Dinah, I saw her walk to the right side and pull down a pair of shorts. Preparing myself for her to throw it at me, I freed one hand just in case.

Dinah turned and walked towards me, handing me the shorts as she said, "Put this on." She walked past me and out of the closet, leaving me alone to change. I heard her flop down on my bed, then start humming along to the song that was playing.

Trusting Dinah's intuition, I started changing into the clothes that I was just given. Once I had put everything on, I walked into my room and checked myself out in the mirror that hung on my bedroom door. I really liked the choice of outfit. It was decently casual, and it went with the shoes nicely. A faded gray 'Rock N Roll' crop top, a blue flannel, and a pair of high-waisted ripped jean shorts.

I saw Dinah walk up behind me and look at the outfit, too. With one last once-over, I nodded and said, "Nice."

"Of course it is. I chose it." Dinah quickly turned away and grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder. She audibly exhaled then impatiently gestured to the door, "Can we go now?"