The Package

One week later...

Robert was awakened by a loud banging at the door around 3 am. The knocking continued to get louder and louder until he opened the door and saw a small package on the ground with writing on it, and no one around. He peaked his head out of the door to look for anyone around. Nobody.

He stopped looking because he realized the person who left this is long gone. After he picked up the surprisingly light package he walked inside and locked the door behind him. Robert sat on the lumpy couch and slowly tore the tape off of the box to reveal the contents. The light on the living room ceiling fan shined on the beautiful silver paintbrush. He picked it up and examined it carefully. It was a slick brush with soft brown bristles and strange foreign writing engraved on the side of it. He placed the brush back in the box to get some breakfast.

Robert pulled himself out of the old couch and made his way to the kitchen when he was stopped by a chilling breeze that engulfed him and made him turn back towards the box. As he made his way toward the box he heard strange faint whispering in his ear.

"Ekki gera eitthvað sem enginn vildi að þú gerir." The voice whispered.

"Ekki gera eitthvað sem enginn vildi að þú gerir." Once again louder.

"Ekki gera eitthvað sem enginn vildi að þú gerir." One last time screaming in his ears.

Robert fell to the floor in pain covering his now throbbing ears. The sound went away minutes later and he removed his hands, opened his eyes, and stood up as if nothing had happened. He continued his walk to the box picked it up and pulled the glistening brush out.

He ran into his closet and grabbed a spare canvas and easel, as well as all of his paints.

Robert set up and began to let the brush take him wherever it wanted him to go.