Mikey can we talk ...?

That night I lay in my bed thinking about what to say to Mikey . I mean what should I say " Hey I'm in love with you even though you really only know my name wanna go out ?" I had to say something that showed how much I cared about him .
The next morning my alarm clock rang piercing the sound of the chirping birds and otherwise silence of my room . I slammed my fist onto the snooze button and pulled the cover down and climbed out of bed . Once I changed I walked downstairs to see my mom sitting at the table waiting for me to eat breakfast. I look over at the spot where my dad once sat . The sight of his empty seat brought back the painful memories that I try to block out . He walked out of us when I was 12 . That was a hard  time for us . My mom had to pick up a second job just to feed me and my brothers. " Aren't you gonna have some breakfast honey?", my mom asked looking puzzled. " I'm not hungry," I replied throwing my bag over my shoulder before walking out the door and over to Frank's house . We walk to school together every morning since the 4th grade . I knocked on the door and quickly frank ran out . "Hey , um you know Mikey," I asked looking down at my shoes . "Yeah," frank responded sounding hollow . "Well I think I'm gonna ask him out," I answered trying not to sound to confident. " Good for you, " frank responded still sounding hollow. " Frank you okay bud," I asked in a calm cool voice trying not to show my concern. "My mom pounded me again," he said looking up to reveal a large blacked eye . " Frank you have to tell someone," I demanded . " I can't," he said trying to sound like he was fine but I could tell he was choking back tears .
When we arrived at school I began writing a note for Mikey . ~ Hey I know we don't know each other that well but I think you're really cute and I have a crush on you will you please be my boyfriend. ~ I passed the note to Mikey quickly and watched with growing anticipation while he read the letter . He turned and did something strange . he smiled . " yeah," he said and grabbed my hand .