Welcome to Produce 101!

Today is the day... "D-Day", "The Day", "My Day", "Thursday", whatever day the Produce 101 Season 2 contestants wanted to call it. Today is the day the show starts. Each contestant is now on their way to the place that will determine their future as an idol.

The camera men have been in the auditorium since early morning preparing their equipment and adding last minute details to the stage. The technology rehearsals were run the night before. Everything in that blue room had to be perfect, especially since Mnet could not disappoint the legendary idol, also the show host, BoA.

BoA walked in shining her biggest smile at the crew like always, and softly made her way to the table she would be sitting at and judging trainees for the rest of the day. She looked around, almost as if she was examining each and every inch of the auditorium. "Everything should go quite smoothly." She said to herself.

"Did you say something?"

Behind her walking in was the group of famous choreographers, producers, singers, and dancers. These special people were Lee Seokhoon, Shin Yoomi, Cheetah, Don Mills, Kahi, and Kwon Jaeseung.

"Ah hello!" BoA said sweetly as she stood up and hugged each of the celebrities. "Are you all excited for today?" She asked in such a warm tone that each word melted the crews hearts.

"We're looking forward to seeing some good talent today." Don said as everyone else sat down, waiting for the managers to call them out of the room. Almost on cue, they were called. "And so it begins!" BoA said walking out of the room behind the rest of the celebrities.

~

Just as the special judges walked out, the nervous trainees from Starship Entertainment walked in. "Sewoon hyung... We're the first ones here!" Lee Gwanghyun said to his label mate Jung Sewoon. "Let's pick a comfortable seat since we are first." Sewoon explained to his friend as they walked up to the middle seats.

As time when by, more and more trainees from different entertainment companies such as Maroo, Cube, C9, and YGK+ started flooding into the large room.

When the final entertainment company walked in, they were followed by the second season's special judges and coaches.

"Welcome everyone to season 2 of Produce 101!" BoA said into the microphone. Everyone cheered, admiring the idol's beautiful features. "We expect to always see your best, and we are here to help you improve. We want to see you grow as young idols, and debut in the top eleven!" She explained to the trainees. Ready to begin, BoA and the rest of the judges sat down in their spots at the long table that stood in front of the stage.

"Would anyone like to go first?" BoA asked looking back at the trainees. After a moment of silence, a group of young trainees from Yuehua Entertainment raised their hands happily. "Perfect!" BoA exclaimed and gestured for them to head onto the stage and begin their performance. The rest of the session continued like this until the very last group of boys performed their cover.

"Thank you so much for your hard work today!" BoA said while she clapped her hands lightly. The trainees bowed back to her, showing that they were thankful for the opportunity. "Now please remember that the grade you got today will not always be your grade! Throughout the upcoming challenges, your grade will change depending on how much you've improved and what you can show us, so please continue to work your hardest and don't be discouraged!" She explained. The trainees nodded in agreement and clapped once again, thinking that the session was over.

"Lastly" BoA said, slightly louder than before. The trainees stopped their chit chatting and focused on the idol. BoA nodded at the crew, and suddenly the whole auditorium went pitch black.

~

"Is this supposed to be happening?" Yoo Seonho of Cube Entertainment asked his label mate Lai Guanlin. His partner shook his head, just as confused as everyone else in the room. "It didn't happen in the first season." Guanlin replied.

"I thank you all for coming." BoA said with a booming voice, something the trainees have never heard from the lady before. It was as if she was right beside every single one of them, talking straight into their ears. "Unfortunately, you won't be leaving!" She continued. Sparks began to emit from the stage lights, threatening to brush the flammable background on the stage.

A scream was heard.