Chapter 3

"Have you found him yet? It shouldn't be so hard, he only has about fifty minions who do his dirty work for him. More than three quarters of them are dead after killing those families and then themselves. They are all linked together. Find their hideout, and I mean find it now. We've already wasted too much time." The chief shouts at his team.

Wasted too much time... We have already completed our parts in the plan. Oh if only he knew.

They think that we are all drop outs that kill to get money for illegal substances. They think that we do this for fun. The only flaw, we are highly trained serial killers.

We do this because we want to.

Have you ever wonder what it's like to kill? To hold the blade in your hands and to feel powerful? To know that you are the future and ending of somebody's life? Have you? Aren't you just the little bit curious?

I know I am.

My curiousity will be tamed tonight, the chief has to go. His time is up. The ones to blame?

The Survivors.

Darcy's POV

I wake up screaming, arching my back as chills run through me. My eyes wander over to the bright red clock on my bedside table, it's 3:45. I sense a presence somewhere in my room and the need to search overwhelms me. My eyes touch all the corners of my room, and there, by my bookshelf, is a pair of icy blue eyes staring back at me.

They're back.

I try screaming, but a hand is suddenly on my mouth stopping me from doing so. I start shaking my body, trying to get away from the intruders grip, but fail. Tears start pooling in my eyes as I witness the sight in front of me. No.

I try fighting, I try getting to my mommy in time, but I am held back by multiple sets of arms. Her screams filled with agony are the only sounds my ears hear. I watch defeated, tears pouring down my face as the unthinkable happens.

Next, they bring my father in front of me, my tears are uncontrollable at this point, but I don't give up. I don't stop trying to break free. I won't ever give up. Not while I'm still alive. I feel a pair of arms no longer holding me back. I feel adrenaline course through my veins as I try to break free. Even without that extra weight holding me back, I am still not strong enough.

I hear laughter. They are taunting me. They are proving how much they overpower me. I feel my body go limp and my mind yelling, telling me to get up. I can't. I feel myself lose consciousness after hearing my father’s last cry.

---

I don't know what day or what time it is when I wake up, but I do know the smell surrounding me. I lift myself from the bed that I was tightly tucked into. I look to the sight in front of me and I scream silently, remembering that night over and over again.

I count seven bodies surrounding me; my parents and those who have ruined my life. I notice multiple weapons around the male murderers. They still have the ability to ruin me, even when they are dead. A red note is left on the smallest of the killers, lying on the floor in the middle of the room.

I walk up to the letter cautiously, looking around my room in case one of the men from last night jumps at me. No signs of anything living, so I walk closer and pick up the letter.

Dear Darcy, sweet little 10 year old Darcy,

Welcome to the Survivors. You are the first. You are the leader. I am sorry for your loss dear. Actually, I am quite happy for your loss. You are a failure, a disaster. Your parents should have killed you when they found out your mommy dearest was pregnant, but anyways. What is done is done.

I wish to congratulate you on your new job. You are the leader. You must guide the other Survivors to destruction.

In total, there will be seven families killed, including your own. Every year, for the next seven years, on this day, a new family will be killed. On this day, for the next seven years, a Survivor will be born. I expect you to show them how to adapt to their new lives.

I have workers everywhere. I have eyes that will follow your every move. I have workers in every place that you can imagine.

Don't you worry about how you will find the other Survivors; I will send them closer and closer to you so you may teach these children how to become the next members of my team.

What else would be the reason of my workers keeping you alive?

-V

P.S - I expect you to keep this letter to yourself. Do not show the police. Or would you like to face the consequences? Remember child, I have eyes everywhere.

This memory follows me everywhere I go. The words of his workers. His words written on the letter and engraved in my mind. I can't get rid of them. In a way, I don't want to. Whether I like it or not, those were the last moments I had with my parents. I don't want to forget my mom and my dad telling me they love me. I want to remember their last words; I just don't want to remember the tragic way they died. It was too cruel. They were good, pure.

V wants me to become one of them. He expects me to betray my family. He expects me to lead the Survivors into his trap. He can't though, he has nothing against me. He could kill me. I would be glad if he did, I have nothing to live for.

"Their anniversary is today Damon. All of our families were killed today, on my parents’ anniversary. Anniversaries are supposed to be happy, aren't they? They shouldn't be about grieving death; they should be the celebration of marriage." I sigh, hiding the pain deep inside of me and locking it all up with a key.

He wraps his arms around me and kisses me on the forehead. "It's going to be alright Darcy, trust me."

I couldn't though.

I trusted my best friend. I really did, but he doesn't know what is going to happen. Whether I liked it or not, we were all doomed, our futures already engraved on stone.

Comment and or vote please. Later Skater.

-R