Old Friends .

- Author's Note -

So hey everyone... This is my first book and I don't really know much about writing, but im trying. haha Hopefully you like what I have so far. - Let me know. :-)

Chapter 1:

I walked to the middle of the office building and looked around - damn. All of this is still unbelievable. How did I become Treshaun Smith Jr. - the owner and CEO of a multi-million dollar company at the age of 28? Looking back on where I came from, everybody doubted me - even my family. At times, I doubted myself, but I kept myself focused and motivated. The only person I got to be proud of me is me. My family disowned me after my little brother got murdered in front of me. It wasn't my fault though - There was nothing I could do to stop it. Thinking about that day takes me back to some dark places in my mind, so I don't think about it much. I just focus on what I got now, and what I got alone besides help from the only person that got my back, Rico. We built this company from the ground up. Just us. Two black men from poverty turned a fantasy into a multi-million dollar empire. You can't tell me hard work and faith don't get you exactly what you want in life. I got everything I ever wanted plus more... well except a family.

I told my assistant I was leaving for the day and to set up a viewing of one of my suburban homes for the Jones' family to see later on in the week. I pulled my phone out texting Rico.

*Whassup foo! Where you at? We need to go look at a few houses out west. See if we can fix them up and make them decent enough to sale. If not, fuck it. We can just keep working on the houses out in the burbs.*

As I hit send, I felt someone run right into me. Not enough to knock me over but my phone went flying out my hand.

"Dammit! I'm so sorry" I heard a female voice say as I bent down to pick up the phone she knocked out of my hand. I looked at it, my screen was shattered. Huh - I just bought this phone two days ago. "Did I make the screen crack? I'll pay for it. Sorry I was in such a rush. My son got into a little trouble at school and.." She went on as I was still looking down at my shattered Gold iPhone 5 not paying her any attention. I can't believe this dumb ass shatter proof case didn't protect my phone. Damn case cost $45. Don't get me wrong, the money is nothing. I got plenty of that but I'm still pissed this damn thing didn't work. Wasted my money. I didn't get rich by spending money on unnecessary things. That's how you stay broke. I'm all about saving a dollar whenever I can. No need for unnecessary spending. I should've just stuck with my android phone. Apple products suck. Expensive as hell but break easy. That's how they keep getting money out of you.

"Um... Hey, are you even listening to me? I said I'll pay for the damage. Let me check my wallet" she said taking me away from my thoughts. "Dammit. I only have $20 left." I heard her mumble and sigh. She sounded stressed and frustrated. "Here. I only have $20. I'm sorry. If you give me your information I'll get the rest of the money to you tomorrow when I get paid." By the tone in her voice, I could tell she was frustrated. I finally started to look up at her. "Naw. It's all good sweetheart. I got insura..." I paused -shocked- when we finally made eye contact with each other. From the look on her face, she was just as shocked as I was. We stood there staring at each other for what seemed like forever. Neither one of us breaking the silence that fell between us. Her hazel eyes had me stuck in a daze. Thought I died and went to Heaven.

"MeMe?" I finally said.

She didn't respond.

Welp. There you have it. My first chapter! :D