Chapter 4}{Lies of Love

Bree's POV:

It's been a few days since Chase and I talked in the quarters. Its really awkward between us, and Chase won't really talk to me. Him and Eve really hit it off. I just wish I was in Eve's shoes. Chase is a great guy, the least I can do is congratulate them. I was with my students in the training room. "Um, teach? Hello?" I heard someone ask and I was suddenly snapped back to reality. "Oh, sorry Eve. I was just, uh, trying to remember to order of the moves," I lied and continued mentoring.

}{Chase's POV:
Eve and I kinda had a secret little date yesterday on the hidden beach on this Island. I know that I'd rather have been there with someone else, but I can't do that to Eve, she cares about me and I care about her. I know I love Bree, but it's not like anyone will think it's okay to leave my kinda-almost girlfriend for my jealous sister. Well, I think she's jealous. I hope she's jealous.

My best friend Sebastian, yep, he's my bestie, anyway, he and I are working on a new product together and Adam has been really paying for it. I mean, did you see Adam? He was so annoying, so we just had to get him back!

Our virtual reality technology was designed to connect to a "sense vest" that's what we call it. The sense vest gives you the feeling that you actually are in your virtual reality. Adam's was set to a rain forest with monkeys that were filled with rage and had weapons to fight off Adam with. He totally ate it! Sebastian, my best friend, and I are the most clever teenagers at this academy and I'm the most clever in the world actually, did you know that?

  "Hey Eve, what's going on?" I asked light heartedly with a smile on my face. She looked at me with sass and snapped at me, "You know, your a little too desperate for me and anyone for that matter." I was so confused and she could tell. She continued to glare at me, then she just walked away. "Trouble in paradise?" I heard a familiar voice behind me say as I sensed them getting closer. I turned to see Bree and I looked at the ground. "For the record, she was never good enough for you anyways," she encouraged me. Davenport walked past and patted Bree on the shoulder, "Nice way to cheer up your brother, Bree." He walked away and she patted my shoulder and admitted, "Is there really any girl good enough for you?" I glared at her and she smirked at me and walked away. She knew what I was thinking. She knew that she was the only girl good enough for me, but I still don't know why Eve acted like that. Before, we just clicked, I guess, but now apparently she hates my guts.....And I think I know why...

}{Bree's POV:

  I have this under control. I know that I can't be with Chase, but if I can't, no one should. A little birdie might have said a little something negative about their little boyfriend after their date and her mind was totally turned around. Yes, I know what your thinking, but Chase will never find out. Eve really was never up to his standards, mine either. No one will be able to be with Chase on my watch or if they don't pass my standards. I know I'm kind of in a thing with Sebastian, but I still could never change my feelings for my brother. No matter how weird it is, and If sharing a few of Chase's secrets with Eve could change her mind, I think Chase will be girlfriend less until I get a hold of him. But he didn't need that much help to be girlfriend less. I mean, no offense to him, but it's kind of the truth.

  I was walking over to the training room to watch Chase and Sebastian's presentation for their newest techno-doohickey. "I think we should let Mr. Davenport test the Bionic Training Simulator first. What do you say, Mr. Davenport?" Sebastian asked. Mr. Davenport smiled and nodded, "Of course I will, thank you, Jul-Sebastian, right it's Sebastian now." Sebastian nodded bluntly and assured him, "Yeah, it never was Julio." Mr. Davenport nodded and put on the simulation vest. "Okay, Mr. Davenport, I will now just press a button and it will begin your session," Sebastian explained with a smile. He leaned over and tapped the button on his tablet. Davenport was thrown at the wall with sparks flying everywhere. Chase, Adam, Leo, and I ran to him and ripped the vest if of him.

Everyone was confused. Nothing like this has ever happened. Not till now. Some one has to be after him. "There is no believable explanation for this!" Chase cried as us, the other three listened and added on. "Who could've done this?" Leo asked. I glanced over to the other side of the room where Sebastian and two others were chatting. I glanced back to Leo and spoke up, "It has to be someone here, at the Island. Someone who wants his power. That would have to be their only motive." Adam nodded, looking confident, but I knew that he didn't know much of what we were talking about.

"Guys, I'm worried about Donny, what happened?" Douglas ran in the room with his tablet. Chase looked over his own and looks up with a worried glance. "There was a glitch in the transitional circuit. Bu-but it was flawless when I looked it over! Someone must have tampered with the controls," Chase added. I sped out to Perry's quarters and grabbed her security tablet. Once I ran back, everyone was still at the same stance they were before. I searched the settings and found what I was looking for: security cameras. "What are you doing, Bree?" Leo and Chase asked, closely in unison. I didn't answer, but I kept looking. "What? It's black, it's all black!" I cried and tried to find a promising slide, "All of them are black. They must have tampered with the security cameras too!"

}{

We decided to go about training normally, and let it go until we could get it all figured out. But something that was a little weird today was, when I was teaching, Lexi hit me harder than I was prepared for. I bet it's no big deal though. She is getting on really fast with her training. She is almost better than me! Okay, why did I think that?

A/N:
Sorry for the late post, I finally had a strike of inspiration! I will try my bests to post again on this story and other stories. Thanks for understanding why I had the break. Thanks for reading! Bye fishies!
                     ~MJ💚