Chapter 16}Lost and Found

chase's pov

It's now been months. We've marked the days and we've looked everywhere. The mainland, across the ocean, Caitlins and Krane's old warehouse. Nothing. It was like she disappeared off the face of the earth. Her location is off and her status on my system comes up as 'inactive'. I don't know what we're going to do.

I was sitting and pondering my thoughts in our room and I turned to see Douglas enter. He sat next to me and put an arm on my shoulder.
"Look, Chase.. I know this must be hard for you. I've lost a brother once as well as... a few girlfriends,"
"A few?" I asked. He shrugged it off and said, "Can't you see I'm trying to help you feel better?"
I nodded. "Yes but nothing will make me feel better. Not knowing where she is, not knowing the truth. She's been gone for three months, Douglas," I look at the marbled ground. He stood and looked down at me. "Chase, I haven't been fully honest."

He took me to his room on the island and we quietly went inside.
"What do you mean you haven't bee-"
"Look, I wanted to tell you for years, Chase, but you were gone and Donny seemed like he had this parenting thing under control so I just didn't tell you," He explained.
"What is it then?" I asked.
He frantically looked through his desk drawers and took out a picture of him and a woman.

"What's this?" I asked as he handed it to me. "Tammy Day... She's your mother,"
I stared at the picture. Each detail of them together and this woman. She was my mother? The one who had to take care of me for nine months and then just somehow give me up?

"I was engaged to Adam and Bree's mom and she was engaged to some guy. She and I met one day... and you know the rest. We met three times and my fiancé was suspicious. She found out and decided to leave. I'm not even sure she knows you exist," He explained. I tried to take it all in in one gulp. My siblings mother left them because of a mistake their father made.
"Tammy was pregnant and she didn't know who's son you were and her fiancé found out about her affair so he left her as well. She decided to give you up to me and so I took you in."

I stood and thought for a moment.
"Wait.. you said she didn't know who's baby it was... what if Bree and I aren't related at all?" I gained some hope and I lightly grasped it. He nodded quietly. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, Chase," He said with a frown.
"I-I have to go! I have to talk to Tammy! See you, Douglas!" I sped out of his room and to the hyper-loop. I took myself to the mainland without thinking. I was determined to figure all this out. On the way there I looked up any Tammy Days within Mission Creek. Once I finally found a picture that matched I found the coordinates of her address and caught a train there. Bree's lucky to have super speed.

I came across a light green house in the cheaper part of town. The paint was slightly chipping and the iron railing was bent. The Front door had black vinyl that said Welcome. The mail box had the address and the name of Jacobson printed on it. It was a risk since I didn't know her new last name, that is if she ever got married. I knocked on the door anyway. I head yelling kids and various "Mom!" "Mom the door!" "Someone get the door!"

Then it slowly opened to reveal a woman shorter than me with permed sandy hair holding a toddler on her hip. Once she looked up and saw my face she silently gasped. She set down the child and sent them off to the living room.
"Tammy Day?" I hesitated. She nodded and admitted, "Jacobson.. as of late." I nodded and stuck my hands in my pockets. "Hey, you're familiar. You're one of the bionic kids right?" She asked and I nodded. She peered down at the ground and confessed, "I know why you're here."

We sat on her porch bench for a while. We talked about her new family and her memories with Douglas. "He was eye catching. More than anything, he was intelligent. Devilish almost," She laughed, "I never thought that one day I would meet my son. Or that he would be one of the most important people in the world.. working for the President, or having special abilities.