Chapter One

Hogwarts wasn't safe anymore. That's one thing Ginny knew for sure after Dumbledore's murder. Ginny was worried about many things, for her family, who were hunted down because of their "blood traitor" status. For Harry, because Voldemort himself was after. Harry had broken up with Ginny a few weeks earlier, she understood. But that didn't keep her from missing Harry lots and lots, the kisses, the cuddle sessions and just having loads of fun with Harry. Who knew that a stupid childhood crush would have become so much more than just that? Ginny still had hope that after the war, when peace was restored, Harry and her would live happily ever after. If she ever had kids they must become crazy with all those uncles, especially with Fred and George.

It was the evening of the 27th, the date Ginny had been both dreading and awaiting with excitement, Harry would be escorted to the Burrow by the Order of the Phoenix. They would all arrive around midnight, Ginny hoped everyone would come back unharmed, since not only Harry, but Bill, Fred, George, Ron and Hermione were included in the plan too. Ginny had not left the couch of the living room yet since the Weasley lot had left to Number Four, Privet Drive. She waited, and waited, and waited. But eventually she got worried, everyone was late, they all should have been there by now. She suddenly heard a sound outside and Ginny ran outside together with her mother, they saw Harry and Hagrid on the ground of the yard.

"Harry? You are the real Harry? What happened? Where are the others?" Mrs. Weasley cried.

"What d'you mean? Isn't anyone else back?" Harry panted.

Ginny saw that Harry had realised by the look on Mrs. Weasley's face that there was indeed no one back.

"The Death Eaters were waiting for us," Harry told her "We were surrounded the moment we took off – they knew it was tonight – I don't know what happened to anyone else, four of them chased us, it was all we could do to get away, and then Voldemort caught up with us—"

There was a plea in Harry's voice which said that he hoped Mrs. Weasley would understand that he did not know what happened to her sons.

"Thank goodness you're all right," Mrs. Weasley said, pulling him in a hug. Ginny just stood there awkwardly in the background, not really knowing what to say, she was trying to find words but words were far away, driven away by worry for her friends and family.

"Haven't go' any brandy, have yeh, Molly?" asked Hagrid a little shakily, "Fer medicinal purposes?"

Ginny saw her mother turning to the house and walking towards it, probably forgetting that she could just summon it with magic. Ginny suddenly saw Harry turn to her and she tried to look as calm as she could. She scrambled for words.

"Ron and Tonks should have been back first, but they missed their Portkey, it came back without them," she said, pointing at a rust old can lying on the ground nearby. "And that one," she pointed at an ancient sneaker "should have been Dad and Fred's, they were supposed to be second. You and Hagrid were third and," she checked her watch, "if they made it, George and Lupin ought to be back in about a minute."

Mrs. Weasley reappeared carrying a bottle of brandy, which she handed to Hagrid. He uncorked it and drank it straight down in one. Ginny suddenly noticed something out of the corner of her eye.

"Mum!" shouted Ginny, pointing at a spot several feet away.

A blue light had appeared in the darkness: it grew larger and brighter, and Lupin and George appeared, spinning and then falling.

"Oh good," Mrs. Weasley sighed in relief that one of her son's were back.

Ginny immediately knew something was wrong. And now she was more tense than ever, Ginny saw that her mother was tense too. The sight was truly horrifying, especially after a moment of false relieve.