|chapter one|

"Please don't kick me out, I'm going to pay the rent! Just give me a few weeks and I'll have the money-" I'm cut off by my land lawyer.

"No, Lou. Do you know how many times you have used that dumb excuse? It's getting pathetic, really. I expect you to be gone by tomorrow afternoon sharp!" And then he hangs up.

I bet his old greasy ass can't even move to see I'm even still here or not.

But then it hit me. I have no where to go. So I call the one and only person I know who has gotten my back since day one.

He picks up on the second ring with a grunt.

"Why hello to you, too."

"Lou, what now?" He moans in annoyance. I chuckled a little before starting to speak.

"I've been-" he cuts me off.

Seriously, what's up with everyone cutting me off?

"Kicked out. Yeah, I know. Already says for sale online. Care to elaborate, little ol' Sammy?" His voice dripping with sarcasm. I roll my eyes, even though he can not see me.

"I didn't pay rent on time. And why did you ask what I wanted if you already knew?"

"And your calling me, the oh so sexy ass human being in the universe, because?" He responds, ignoring my question. I mentally groan.

"I need a place to stay. Can you fine a place for me to stay?" I ask sickly sweet.

"Already on it. My place is open. But if you live with me, you gotta follow some of my rules. Like transferring schools, being good, blah, blah, blah." I stomp on my right foot in annoyance, making sure he can hear it through the phone, causing him to laugh.

"Fine. I'll go start packing now. Bye Daniel. Thank you."

"No problem, kid. Oh and your dad called. Said he needed you to call him before they put him in --- you know. Anyways, later Lou." The call ended and I immediately began stuffing all my clothes in my back pack, along with needed supplies like a toothbrush, shampoo and etc.

I grabbed my gun and cigarettes and stuffed them in my jeans. I didn't have much. Only thing I had in the one bedroom apartment, were my clothes and supplies. Nothing hanging from the wall, because when it was time to run or hide and leave, I needed to go quickly. So I did. Like I always do.

I grab my bags and run out the door, not bothering locking it. I run down the street full of people and keep pushing people out of the way, not caring if I pushed them in the road or not. I finally made it to the train station and ran in before the security sees me.

I got off the train and walk up the stairs to where I'm greeted by darkness of the sky. Didn't realize it was this late. I pull out my earbuds and plug them in, hooking 'em up to my phone for music. I turn the volume all the way up as I pass by people.

As I'm walking, I smirk, realizing I get to see my brother soon.

• • •

I knock on the door and shortly after the door creaks open with the most intimidating guy you would ever meet, Daniel. He engulfs me in a bone crushing hug and smiles. Now, it's pretty rare he smiles or shows any emotion besides the affection he shows to the people he loves. Lucky me, he loves me.

"Sup kid!" I step inside the house and close the door and hear it lock.

"Thank you for letting me stay."

"Anytime."

"So where do I sleep?" I ask looking around. His house is small. It looks like a crack house but it has a roof so I'm not complaining. Better than sleeping on the streets.

He smiled and started walking towards the back and brought out an air mattress and put it in the corner.

"There. This is just temporary until you get back up on your feet again, understood?"

"Yep, thank you."

He chuckled and walked away towards the kitchen before saying "what have I got myself into."

I smiled. God only knows.