Look At The Moon

"Grea" I hear him whisper, interrupting my thoughts.

"hmm?" I whisper back, glancing at his face.

"Look at the moon" he whispers, and I watch as his eyes glisten with the reflection of the moonlight.

"Beautiful isn't it?" he says, finally tearing his eyes away from it and looking at me with a grin beginning to form on his face.

"mhm.." I say, shifting my eyes to look at the moon. It's full and bright, surrounded by the glistening stars. The cool midsummer night air blows in my my direction and I shiver, then feel his arms protectively wrap around my shoulders and I lean back into him.

"You're even more beautiful," he says, placing a kiss on the top of my head and I tilt my head back to look up at him. His eyes are shining even brighter and he has a big smile plastered all over his face. His beautiful smile is so contagious and I feel myself begining to grin. I reach up and steal a kiss from those soft lips.

"I love you" he whispers into the kiss and I smile.

"I love you more." I say looking into his dark eyes. Today has been the best day of my life by far. Standing here with the man I love with all my heart, I couldn't ask for anything better. My hair blows in my face and I see the trees swaying it the wind. The previously hot day is finally begining to cool off and some clouds are slowly creeping in, no doubt bringing rain but I don't mind. I've always loved rain. It's somehow always been soothing and calming to me.

"I love you even more Grea, more than you can ever imagine." He says, taking me by the hand and I giggle as he spins me around to face him but he bends down to stand on his knee and I look at him puzzled.

"Grea, do you remember the first time we met?" he asks holdning my hand and I nod. The night we met I was in this park bawling my eyes out. Earlier that day I found out my best friend died. She was hit by a speeding driver running from the police as she was walking towards her house from her car. My eyes begin to water and I use my free hand to wipe the briming tears away. "That night I found what I've always dreamed of. I found you." He says and I see him bring out his other hand and open it to reveal a velvet box and open it. Whats happening finaly hits me and I cover my mouth in disbelief.

"Grea, when I saw you on that bench that night my heart became no longer mine. I fell in love with you at first sight and I love you more than I've ever loved anyone. Just the thought of you makes me smile and the sight of you drives me crazy. I never knew what love is until I met you and I thank God I did. I want to spend the rest of my life and eternity with you. Will you marry me?" He asks. I can tell hes nervous because his hand is begining to tremble and his palm is begining to get sweaty and all I can do at first is nod my head, too speachless for words.

"Yes." I try to say but my voice is barely audible in the wind.

"Yes. Yes. Yes!" I shriek in excitement. I feel tears begin to stream down my face, or is that rain? He slips the beautiful diamond ring onto my finger and I stare at the heart in disbelief. He slowly gets up and I throw my arms around his neck, almost knocking him off his feet. He slides his left hand around my waist and I feel his right hand cup the side of my face as he brings me closer and kisses me. I gladly return the kiss, tangling my fingers in his hair. Theres a crack of thunder in the distance and I shriek jumping back and we both laugh. The rain begins and quickly turns to a downpour and he grabs my hand as we run laughing to hide under the roof over the picnic tables near the pond where we previously left our belongings.