Chapter 2

Alexis' P.O.V

Moving to a new city is scary especially for a little brown girl who is always paranoid. Me, I'm talking about me.

The only reason I moved here was to pursue my dance dream. My normal day usually is just auditions after auditions. I haven't landed a job yet but I'm hopeful. Maybe someone will hire me, just never know.

Right now, I'm getting ready for...wait for it, yet another audition. This audition is for something actually really big. I'm hoping I get it but my hopes aren't that high.

I will let you know if I get it.

"Yeah I'm just leaving now" I told my agent while grabbing my water.

My agent is really supportive and honestly one of the best, I'm really thankful for her. She's like my mom.

-

When I walked into the room, it was filled with really talented and trained dancers. Another thing about me, I'm self-taught so sometimes I get insecure but my love for dance overtakes that usually.

"Alright guys, first we're going to teach you the choreography then we would like to see ten dancers at a time for auditions" the choreographer said, I think his name was Niko.

When I finished stretching, I went to the middle back and looked around trying to be comfortable in this room.

We started learning a combination to the song Crying in The Club by Camilla Cabello. I like the rhythm to it. It was rather easy to catch up to the choreography. After we learned the choreography, we were all sent outside until our names were called.

Niko came out and called ten people at a time, I was getting really nervous because my name hasn't been called yet and there are only few people left.

"Maya, Gabe and Alexis"

It was just the three of us...which didn't make sense.

But, we went in, all confident. One thing about confidence I've learned over the years is to fake it till you make it.

"Alexis right? You're in the middle. Gabe and Maya make a triangle behind her." Niko instructed.

I've never been in the middle, not going to lie, I was terrified but I didn't dare to show it.

"5,6,7,8"

The choreography started on "it ain't true"

When I danced, I danced how I would on the stage, I gave my all, I added my own style to it, I made it my own.

"Alright, we'll call you if you made it or not, other than that, we're done here" Niko said after he clapped for us.

At this point, I'm out of breath so I grab my stuff and gulp down my water.

-

I woke up to ten missed calls from my agent, I took a nap because I haven't really slept in days. I picked up my phone and called her back, I was kind of scared hoping everything was okay.

"Alexis!! where were you?!" She yelled but with excitement.

"Sorry, I was sleeping, but what happened? Is everything okay?" I sat up and put my hair in a bun.

"YES, everything is more than okay, guess who's the new Justin Bieber's backup dancer?!" She basically yelled.

"Gabe?" I said as I was half asleep then my head shot up "WAIT IS IT ME?!"

"YES YOU IDIOT IT IS YOU, I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT"

"OH MY GOD THANK YOU THANK YOU" I screamed as I jumped out the bed.

"wait, are you playing with me?" I asked because it seemed too good to be true.

"No, why would I joke about this?"

"Okay yeah you're right" I said doing a little dance in my little NYC apartment.

"So, rehearsals start tomorrow for his show next week, be at the studio by 10 AM" she instructed me as I wrote the studio's address down.

"Yeah, will do. Thank you so much" I said wanting to hug her tight.

"It was all you kid" she hung up after that.

I can't believe it, I literally can't, my dream was to be a backup dancer for an amazing artist. And, that's finally happening.