A Moment

They sat down next to each other without even thinking about it. They just did it. And they watched the sun set, lighting the sky in fiery orange and calming purple streaks. And just before it set, he turned to her, and said, "I feel a sense of joy for some reason."
"Well," she said, "perhaps that's a good thing."
"Yeah, maybe." He responded, and returned to his thoughts. Little did she know his thoughts were all about her. Suddenly, she started giggling.
"That's so funny," she said, a small smile on her lips.
"What's funny?" He asked, wanting to hear her laugh again.
"You're just randomly joyful," she explained. Then she turned to him and smiled. "It makes me kinda joyful."
"Does it now?" He replied, suddenly feeling hopeful. She nodded, turning back to the sun, letting it light up her face, the way her smile light up his world.
She took a deep breath. "Isn't it just beautiful?"
"Yeah, it is," He said, mesmerized by her. "...It's a perfect ending."
"Exactly." She agreed as her eyelids closed, letting the moment sink in.
And he continued to stare at her, not wanting to ever look away. Because in that moment, she looked so beautiful. Not just in the way she looked, but in the way she acted, how she thought. In that moment, he felt his heart beat again, after so long. And in that moment, he knew that he had fallen in love with her.