Three

Sorry for being two hours late. Here's the promised Saturday update. Enjoy!

--

Sweat. That was the only thing inside Den's mind right now. Sticky, hot sweat. It has been hours since Dennise arrived at her now, new condo. She has been moving her things inside her room. Since she was the first one to arrive she opted to choose the room and leave Alyssa with the unoccupied one. She was thankful for the bellboy who helped her with her things but she feels uncomfortable being helped all throughout, so, she decided to let the man leave her things in the living room. 

It has been a long time since Dennise felt tired and physically drained. Aside from the usual rounds, Dennise knew that she doesn't have enough exercise like she used to. The once fast metabolism that she has when she was younger was now down the drain. It makes her feel really good that she was hot, sticky and sweaty. She feels younger and rejuvenated. Ironically as it may seem, she missed being idle.

Dennise was putting her favorite spotify playlist on speakers while arranging her room. She's now listening to Strip That Down by Liam Payne. She was wearing her favorite black and white tank top and boxer shorts while dancing to the banging music in the condo. She raised her hands up while dancing. It has been a long time since she felt this free. For a really long time, she felt good over new things. When she turned around facing the door, she was shocked by the person in front of her.

"What are you doing here!?" they shouted at each other in unison.

"Ugh!" Dennise groaned as she took her phone and speakers and stormed to her room. She slammed the door startling the person on the other side.

She called LA immediately.

"Pick up, pick up, pick up." She said pacing "LA Revilla!"

"Oh hey Den. Good afternoon to you too. Ba't ang init ata nang ulo mo?"

"Why didn't you tell me na siya ang pinsan mo?"

"What? I told you. Her name is Alyssa Valdez."

"Ugh! LA, she was the reason my consultant scolded at me the other day!"

"The appendectomy?"

"Yes! Didn't I tell you I was so pissed off at that Junior Clerk?"

"You never told me naman that it was her. You didn't mention her name and she never mentioned it to me... well, she never told me that it was you."

"Ano!?"

"Well, Ly told me about the appendectomy and her 'know it all' resi-"

"A 'know it all'!?"

"Den, please calm down." he sighed deeply "Hindi ko naman alam na ikaw yun."

"Nakakainis ka!"

"Oh ba't ako?"

"Come to think of it, siya rin yung tanga tangang pedestrian na tumawid the other day na malapit mabangga nang Uber driver ko."

"Oh. So, you've met her already."

"LA, you do not understand. My post op appendectomy went well. I just took a quick run to the restroom and the patient coded. THAT intern was there and told the consultant that I was absent. I was there LA. I got scolded. Don't tell me to calm down."

"Okay, okay. I get you, okay? Calm down first. Take a shower, have some rest. You are tired from the things you did today. Magpahinga ka muna, then, we talk. Alam mong di dapat tayo nag-aargue kapag mainit ulo natin."

Dennise took a deep breath and ended the phone call. She knew LA was right. She decided to gather her bath necessities, clothes and towel and proceeded to the bathroom across the living room. She peaked outside before going out of her room. She was so glad Alyssa was not there because she doesn't want to talk to her now and ever.