Two

As promised. Saturday (short) update!

--

Alyssa was walking her way back to her place. Thinking about the deal she had just made with her cousin. "I can't believe I'd be living with someone" she shook her head, talking to herself. "Okay na rin yun at least malapit sa hospital."

Alyssa was thinking about her new roommate. Could she have seen the resident before? Alyssa tried to remember but she's so bad at remembering people, more so, giving a face to the familiar name. "Lazaro", she said quite loudly. "Why is that name so familiar?"

As she was walking down the busy streets of the metro, she arrived at her favorite flower shop that's just in front of her building. "Good morning, Madeleine!" she said while opening the door flashing her most charming smile as she walked towards the porcelain skinned woman in front of her.

"Good morning, Doc! What do you want for today?"

"Peonies would be nice Maddie. I think I will love to see peonies in my study table today."

"Peonies huh?" Maddie paused and arranged Alyssa's flowers, "Alam mo Doc, peonies means compassion."

"I'm compassionate."

Maddie smiled at Alyssa's direct answer. "You are." she smiled "but it also means bashfulness. Which I highly doubt that you are. Haha"

 "Aba! I can be shy at times naman. Grabe ka."

Maddie laughed so hard at Alyssa's obvious denial. "Here's your peonies, Doc."

"Bakit ang formal mo ata ngayon, Mads? Nagp-practice ka na ba? haha" she paused, "and please give me some scented candles. Ikaw na bahala pumili jan basta mabango."

Maddie went to find the scented candles that she knows Alyssa would love. They are like this for almost everyday for two years. Alyssa would like to start her day with walking or running, buy flowers and candles, stretch, then eat. It's just that this time her routine was rearranged due to LA's surprise visit. Maddie put the apple scented candle inside the paper bag and gave it to Alyssa together with the flowers.

"Add it to my tab na lang, Mads."

"Okay Ly."

Alyssa was about to walk out the door when she remembered to tell Maddie something.

"Oh Mads, I saw you having a date yesterday. Sino yun ha? Mukhang sobrang yaman ah. Kaya ba nagp-practice ka maging pormal jan? haha"

Maddie's eyes went wide, "Alyssa!!!"

That loud call from the usual soft spoken Maddie was Alyssa's cue to exit the flower shop with a loud laugh to herself. She always knew what would be the biggest asset to pull a prank on Maddie. Her love life.

Alyssa held her hand to the approaching car to ask the driver to let her cross the road. She was two steps into the road when she noticed that the car isn't slowing down. She was about to get hit when she crossed faster to avoid the car.

"Hey!" she shouted with a handful of flowers and scented candles. She looked at the backseat of the vehicle when she noticed that the passenger at the back was glaring at her.

"Aba! Ikaw pa galit!" Alyssa shouted when she finally crossed the street and glared at the backseat. "Ang aga aga namb-bwisit ah" she said while going up the stairs to her place.

//

 "Dennise, you're late."

"I'm sorry Doctor. Got stuck at traffic."

"Lumang tugtugin na yan Doctor Lazaro. Next time wake up early, okay? This hospital will not adjust with your address."