Seeds of Grief

Burn... burn... burn... my mind is being torn, watching others die in my place. Burn... burn... burn... screams of agony could be heard everywhere. Those that were willing to kill me for my blood, for my throne and for my title as 'Aegis'. Burn... Burn... BURN... I sit in joyful glee watching as those who would try to kill me, burn in fear.

I sit upon the Opal Throne, my throne. My guards are but mindless thrall to whoever sits here. They would kill without question. Torture without remorse. Burn with happiness in their eyes. They are my perfect army, my immortal legion. Faint memories of a pale lady and a field of crimson cloud my dreams at night. Whenever I look them over think about them, I notice that I'm human. In all reality I'm darkness, I look at myself without dreams or the mirrors, all I see is shadows, purple eyes. I see tall dark shadows, surrounded by an aura of grief.

Grief, that's the name the previous Aegis gave me. We pure elementals of light and dark radiate a special aura of emotion. A sense of mind invades our bodies, the more we figure out what emotion is us it turns out to be our names. Hence then there is only so many of us.

I remain watching as my mindless thrall burn the traitors, assassins of the Cult of Bounding Earth. Soon I would give the order to send out an Extermination Squad to snuff out and gore the rest. My grief would be temporarily quenched, at least until the next attempt on my life.