Chapter 14

*****Sheriff's POV*****

"Liam hasn't left her bedside," Melissa McCall makes small talk with me.  "Was Parrish still on guard?" I ask her.  She nods in response, "He seems to really like her; Liam, I mean."

"Yeah.  He's a good kid, right?" I look her in the eye.  "Scott's told me that he's had some anger issues, but he's getting better.  But by some of the things I've heard about her, she can take care of him," she smiles.  I laugh a little, "Yeah, she's pretty feisty."  There was a moment of an awkward silence, "She's really good at lacrosse.  Scott thinks she's even naturally better than Liam."

"Yeah, she's been trying to help Stiles," I laugh, "I never knew Scott spoke so highly of her?"

"He used to not to.  But then when he saw how she was when Willaby died, and started fighting with Quinn, I think he started to warm up to her," she defends her son.  Compassion!

"I never knew that she survived birth; they never told me.  I'm kind of glad they didn't, though.  I don't know what I would've done having to take care of two kids; opposite genders.  But I still feel bad for not knowing," I speak my thoughts.  "Doctor Fisher is a great person; I assure you, she was in good hands."  I just nod in response.

"Oh, I need to show you something.  I think you, Parrish and all the other deputies need to know about this," Melissa pulls out something that sounds concerning; a paper-note-lead.

*****Liam's POV*****

I know Jordan was in good hands here, but I didn't want to leave knowing she could wake up at anytime and the first person she could see was me.  I was falling asleep in the uncomfortably, comfortable hospital chair that I pushed up against her bed; holding her hand.  "Liam?" my step-dad scares me.  "Dad," I stretch a bit as I look at him.  He just sighs and smiles, "She's guarded and in good hands with Doctor Fisher and I.  You have school tomorrow.  Go home, take a shower, do your homework, get good sleep; do what a teenage, high school boy should be doing."

"I am!  I'm making sure my girlfriend is OK; that's teenage, high school boy enough," I mock him. He laughs, "Liam, she's not going to die as soon as you step out of this room.  Doctor Fisher, Sheriff and I assure you that she'll be just fine by the time you get out of school tomorrow."  I nod and look away from him and at her; tube in mouth and down throat as she lays in the typical blue and white spotted hospital gown on the bed, attached to a few beeping machines.  Her mother had come in during her break when she first was checked in to do a motherly, doctor check on her and brushed her crazy hair and helped clean her up.  She looked so peaceful, and beautiful in a twisted hospital way.  

"Is the tube really necessary?" I ask my dad, continuing to look at her.  "It'll be removed by the time you come back after school tomorrow," he ushers me to get out.  I sigh and stand up, brushing my hand along her head as I lean down to kiss her on the forehead, "You will call me if she wakes up before I'm back."

"I will after I inform Doctor Fisher and Sheriff Stilinski," he assures me.  I sigh as I walk out of her room and slowly make my way out of Beacon Hills Hospital.  

On my way out, I pass by Scott and his mom, "Liam?  You're leaving?"

"Yeah, my dads kicking me out.  School comes first," I stop.  "I was just going in to see if I could figure something out," Scott smiles.  "OK, let me know if you find anything."

"I will.  See you at practice tomorrow!" we head our separate ways.  Crap!  We have practice after school, too.

"Liam!  Wait!" Melissa comes running after me.  I stop and quickly turn around to her.  "Have you heard from Quinn at all?  We've been trying to get ahold of her, but she hasn't responded to Doctor Fisher nor Scott; he's getting a bit worried."