Chapter Fourteen: I'll Kill You

I sprained my ankle. But, according to the Doctor, it should've been a lot worse, so hey, who am I to complain. Though I was on crutches. To top it all off, someone had hacked into Cat's emails and were releasing embarrassing information to the public, so she put Kara in charge of looking through them for any embarrassing information. And naturally, she needed help from us three due to Cat's strict orders.

"Here are Ms. Grant's e-mails from the server, printed out." Kara said, wheeling in a cart of ten boxes.

"Ugh, so much evil in three hole punch form." Winn whined.

"Looks like my ankle won't be the most painful thing I experience today." Winn put a box on my lap and I opened it, picking up the first email.

"The Planet just published another batch of emails. Oh man, look what Cat is spending every month on a haircut." James showed Winn the phone.

"That's more than my rent." He showed it to me.

"That's more than our rent put together."

"And she used the corporate jet..."

"Which is hers." Kara pointed out.

"...to fly to Burning Man last year."

"Gross, I know what happens there."

"Ok, so James, Kris,  and I will read the emails and Winn can you trace the hack? No one knows the computer systems better than you." Kara asked.

"You speak the truth, Danvers. But uh, really, shouldn't we be uh, focusing on the whole, 'Psycho-Aunt Astra's-back-in-town-for-round-two' thing?"

"Who, when, what now?" I asked.

"Kara's Aunt, AKA her mom's twin sister is a homicidal maniac that escaped from an Alien prison and threatened Kara last night." Winn explained. I nodded.

"Good to know."

"Is that true?" James asked. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"The DEO is handling that. We are saving Ms. Grant."

"Ok. I'll do some digging." He left the room.

"So...since you two were alone in the office, I assume you also knew about James monitoring my relationship or lack-there-of." I said.

"Are you really mad at me?" James asked. "I mean, to be fair I've been invested in your relationship before-"

"With Superman. This is Winn, and...I just hate the fact that if he likes me, I didn't find out from him, I found out because you were taking super-secret-stalker photos us."  I shot back.

"I'm sorry, ok? I'm sorry." I nodded, looking down at the box.

"Good."

"You're still not forgiving me, are you?"

"Nope."

"Besides...You didn't walk in on Winn and I hugging."

"That's all it was. A hug. As friends, that hug. We're friends who hug." Kara corrected.

"As friends." James repeated.

"Because he's with Lucy."

"Because I'm with Lucy." she looked back at the box and James looked at her, then at me. I shrugged unsympathetically.

~~~

Kara left for a little while, and then came back in. By then, Winn was back at the computer.

"Hey, everything ok?" James asked.

"Yeah. Any luck with the hack?"

"Uh, not yet. I helped build CatCo's firewalls, and so far there's no signs of any Malware or overrides, nothing is out of place."