Chapter 3-The Lingering Dream

Sorry again for late update. I was busy with making VMs. Jalkukda and Synced Heartbeats will be updated later on Saturday night.I set up a poll for the character for this 3rd chapter on Indian Forums. Annika won the poll. So this chapter will be from Annika's perspective. Enough of my rant, let's get track on the road.I was going to post it last night just got tired physically and need rest. Here is the update. I'll update Jalkukda or Synced Hearbeats tonight. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lori lori lori

Lori lori lori..."

Chandaniya chhup jaana re

Chhan bhar ko luk jaana re (Luk: hide)

This song. It seems so familiar. So warming, so soothing. It calmed me down.The voice  feels like I'm home now.  

"Mama! Mama!" I murmured in sleep. Suddenly I opened my eyes only to find myself in a women's lap.  She was caressing my hair. She seems to be in early 30s. She was wearing a red saree and had applied vermilion on her partition.She was singing a lullaby to me. Recovering from the semi blurry image, I saw my mamma in front of my eyes.

Mama was stroking my long hair, my breathing slowed. Then she began to sing the lullaby she'd always sung to me and Bhai and Chutki at bedtime since we were babies. Now her tears had stopped, leaving only their tell-tale wet tracks down her sweetheart shaped face. She could soothe me like no-one else, even her own breaths were deep and even. It was impossible to stay anxious or upset with Mama around. Then my eyelids started to became heavy and drooped she carried her up the stairs to the bed she'd pre-warmed. Then she slid into the bed next to me and cuddled me until I was asleep in minutes.

I woke up with a jerk.

"Bhaujai!!!" ,"Annika!!", "Bhabhi!!"

They all chorused my name in unison. I saw the people who called me are Jhanvi Aunty, Gauri, Shivaay and OmRu around me. Gauri made me lie back on the bed. I was tear eyed and squeezed my eyes shut. I don't want to see anyone notice me crying.

Shivaay was stroking my hair for some time. In the warmth of his hand which flowed to my body,lulled me to sleep.

I stirred in my sleep. I open my one eye once to check out if someone is awake or in the room. I saw  Shivaay was asleep. Now probably I can sneak out for fresh air. I need it badly.

I went near to the swimming pool. It was glimmering with the white luminous lights refracting back and illuminating the dark room. It was making me less afraid of darkness. 

I went near the love seat sofa cum bed. Keeping my phone there, I went near the swimming pool and dipped my cold feet in the water. It was soothing and relaxing. 

I relaxed for a while and let my mind to linger for a while.

Flashback

Two girls were running behind a boy. He was faster than those two.

"Bhai please stop."The two girls said in unison in between panting due to running for so much time.

"We want to rest Bhaiya for a while." The youngest out of the trio demanded the boy.

"Chutki you want to rest?"The boy said in not-so-innocent tone to the younger girl.

He winked at the elder girl. Understanding what he meant, she went inside the house for a while.

Chutki had lied down in the soft grass letting her enjoy the fresh breeze after chasing her brother.

"Anni please give me that." Her bhaiya said something to her Anni Di.

She was wandering what those are whispering. Suddenly she felt a large splash of some liquid colliding with her small body.

"FHAT THE WUCK!" Chutki shouted.

She opened her eyes to find her siblings laughing at her.

She was mad at them and start chasing them both.

Flashback ends

Thinking of Chutki and Bhai, a smile formed on my face. My parents and my siblings were my life. I was leading a normal happy life until that inauspicious day. The day when I lost everything.

Thinking of that day, made my blood boil. He was the reason for me today being an orphan. Today me and my siblings are not together anymore because of that human being. 

I hate him to the core. If my path crossroad that blood bastard's path, I'll make sure to avenge him for my sufferings of years. 

Suddenly I felt a hand of my shoulder. I look back to find it was my Shivaay.

"Why are you here?"He asked me curiously. He took a seat beside me in the water.

Engulfing me in a bear hug, he pulled me closer. 

"I want some fresh air so I came here Shivaay." 

I laid my head on his shoulder. He was running his fingers through my hair which making me calm and making the thoughts of that bloody bastard foreign.  

For now I want to cherish this moment of my life with my Shivaay. Till he is with me, I don't need to fear of anything. He's sun of my life. He makes all of my pain disappear in a blink. His eyes are enough to calm me. He's my THE GREAT WALL OF SHIVAAY.

I'm always his. No one can take me apart from him. 

A/N- Please tell me guys about your views regarding the update. I'm not a little satisfied with the chapter. Your comments will be enough for me to know my progress of this chapter.